Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #51
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I think if we make the AAC finals we'll likely be a 6 win or lose. Anything less and we'll likely be a 7. Of course other teams making big moves could change things.
That seems pretty likely to me. We're still the highest 7 seed on Bracket Matrix (6.72 average) and the three 6 seeds ahead of us (Villanova, Buffalo, Auburn) are all pretty vulnerable to early (pre-finals) upsets in their respective conference tourneys.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #52
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
With Wofford now done for the season, I think they're looking pretty good for a 6 seed. They are now 3-4 in Q1 and 6-0 in Q2 with no bad losses. Compare that to our 4-4 in Q1, 6-1 in Q2 with a bad loss. Plus, Wofford is 14 in NET, 15 in BPI and 18 in Kenpom. Each of those is considerably better than us.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #53
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Lunardi has us as a 7 seed against Oklahoma with the winner playing LSU. This would be ideal if we do end up a 7 seed. With the potential to play a 2 seed going through that kind of turmoil, I'll take that any day.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #54
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Lunardi has us as a 7 seed against Oklahoma with the winner playing LSU. This would be ideal if we do end up a 7 seed. With the potential to play a 2 seed going through that kind of turmoil, I'll take that any day.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
My lord I would love to get matched with LSU, I’d almost guarantee a win.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #55
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

With our seeding competition doing very well, I think a 6 seed is now only possible if we win the AAC tourney. Even if we do we might still get a 7.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #56
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
With our seeding competition doing very well, I think a 6 seed is now only possible if we win the AAC tourney. Even if we do we might still get a 7.
If we beat Houston we would definitely move into a 6 seed
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #57
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
If we beat Houston we would definitely move into a 6 seed
If Auburn, Villanova and Iowa St win their conference tournaments, we would say the same about them. That's the problem - the 6 seeds are making it really tough to pass them. Now that we play Wichita instead of Temple, our only Q1 opportunity would be the final. I'm not saying a 6 seed is unlikely if we beat Houston, only that it's far from certain. Only one way to find out though.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #58
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

March 16 bracketology update per Dave Ommen (Q1,Q2,Q3/4 loss)

6 Iowa St (7-7,3-4,0)
6 Maryland (6-8,6-1,1)
6 Auburn (3-7,12-2,0)
6 Cincinnati (4-4,7-1,1)
7 Nevada (1-1,7-1,2)
7 Buffalo (2-1,5-1,1)
7 Wofford (3-4,6-0,0)
7 Louisville (4-11,5-1,1)

Still clinging to a 6 seed. Nevada fell from a 5 all the way to a 7 with their loss. Wofford seems underseeded to me. Their resume looks better than most of the 6 seeds to my eye.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #59
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

There have been so many bid stealers this year that a few more would force a 10 seed matchup in the First Four. San Diego St, Bowling Green, Oregon, and possibly Grand Canyon, Memphis or Wichita St could make that happen. I assume they are still abiding by the rule that conference champs cannot be in a play-in game (other than the 16 seeds). So we could potentially play the winner of a First Four game whether we are a 6 or a 7.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #60
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Fascinated to see where we're seeded compared to the below teams, if we beat Wich St, and lose to Houston. We would have 12 Q1/Q2 wins, one poor loss. How does the committee treat that compared to:

Marquette - lower NET, more Q1/Q2 wins, but lost 5 of last 6.
Nevada - slightly higher NET, less Q1/Q2 wins, 2 Q3 losses so equal treatment for losses. If you look at their average NET rankings in wins and losses, Cincy is far superior - their average win is over 154, and losses to 112, while Cincy wins average to 138 and losses to 62
Buffalo - excellent record, but only 7 total Q1/Q2 wins, with a Q3 loss.
Iowa State - definitely an excellent team, with tons of Q1/Q2 wins, but 10-11 total between the the two quadrants, no bad losses.

If we get seeded higher than any of the above, I feel like it would be because we're a 6.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote