Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 11-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #631
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
This doesnt mean that Mick cannot recruit him. Take Tavion Thomas from the FB team, he most likely wasn't coming to UC but they recruited anyway and then when he wanted to transfer was familiar with UC and ended up there. Doesnt hurt at all to at least show some effort, interest and/or offer.
you dont know a phone call wasn't made.

my point is just from a lot of stuff i've heard guys stick with the brand they've been playing for. im sure not everybody does, but its a big time factor that maybe wasn't there 30 years ago. if uc put a call out and they said they were going to go to a nike school, it wouldn't make sense to waste time there.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #632
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Also some kids just want to play away from home.

I mean he has OSU and X and still chose to move to Texas.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #633
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Who would want to play for those 2 awful universities?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #634
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Who would want to play for those 2 awful universities?

osu makes sense. great coach, good tradition, huge school.

xavier makes no sense for anybody.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #635
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
osu makes sense. great coach, good tradition, huge school.

xavier makes no sense for anybody.
Get out of here. No one that cares about their kids let’s them go to either of those schools
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #636
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
you dont know a phone call wasn't made.

my point is just from a lot of stuff i've heard guys stick with the brand they've been playing for. im sure not everybody does, but its a big time factor that maybe wasn't there 30 years ago. if uc put a call out and they said they were going to go to a nike school, it wouldn't make sense to waste time there.
Yep, the apparel brand makes a huge deal as that is who pays the bills during college.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #637
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I am aware I dont know what happens behind the scenes or if he wanted to play away from home. I get that. I am just saying that Kyle came to UC b/c of his prior relationship with Mick when he wanted to transfer. With all of the transferring now in CBB it doesnt hurt to extend an offer and let him know that he can succeed at UC. You never know, a family member could get sick, coach leaves, loses PT, gets recruited over etc.. and he could want to come closer to home.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #638
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I am aware I dont know what happens behind the scenes or if he wanted to play away from home. I get that. I am just saying that Kyle came to UC b/c of his prior relationship with Mick when he wanted to transfer. With all of the transferring now in CBB it doesnt hurt to extend an offer and let him know that he can succeed at UC. You never know, a family member could get sick, coach leaves, loses PT, gets recruited over etc.. and he could want to come closer to home.
Pat it really isn't as simple as just extending offers. Extending a offer to one player may impact your opportunity with another. Mick has worked as a recruiter under two very successful Coaches. I would say he understands the in's and out's very well.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #639
Chris Mack's Father

Chris Mack's Father is on a distinguished road
Logan Johnson

I was wrong on this kid. I can't believe he wasn't offered by UCLA or Gonzaga or more major programs. He is going to be a big time player at UC. He's on the court so soon b/c of his defense, but just wait until he develops a perimeter game. I like how he can get to the rim with either hand too. Future looks good at PG.
Chris Mack's Father is offline   Reply With Quote