Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-04-2019, 05:53 AM   #11
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
If he continues they way he is playing and we continue to have success, I think we may see him test the waters for the feedback. That can't hurt. Ultimately, I think he will return.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #12
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
I think UC would be recruiting more 2019 guys if they thought he was going to leave. Most of their effort seems to be on 2020.

I think Cumberland will return and will play a lot of PG next year. That is where he could potentially play in the NBA because he won’t be able to guard the wings. I believe his senior year will be incredible and could be very similar to a Steve Logan type season.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #13
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
If he actually wants to PLAY basketball then come back as a senior, go overseas, and get paid. Unfortunately, i don't even see him being a $1.6m dollar spectator like Evans in the NBA.

Last edited by TheRealUC; 02-04-2019 at 12:13 PM.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #14
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Since this is a Jarron themed thread I guess Ill put this here he is a finalist for the Jerry West award (Top Shooting Guard). Pretty cool. Final 10:

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/sta...47917046603784
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #15
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Jarron is not listed in any of these mock drafts.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019.html

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2019/

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

I just don’t see him leaving this year.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:56 AM   #16
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
It's pretty messed up that a guy like Darius Bazley will get drafted and Cumberland might not.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #17
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
It's pretty messed up that a guy like Darius Bazley will get drafted and Cumberland might not.
Unfortunately the NBA doesn't really look at college results, they look more so at physical attributes. I think if Jarron plays the PG next year, more NBA teams will take a look because all the sudden he'll be a 6'5" PG that's built like a tank.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #18
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Unfortunately the NBA doesn't really look at college results, they look more so at physical attributes. I think if Jarron plays the PG next year, more NBA teams will take a look because all the sudden he'll be a 6'5" PG that's built like a tank.
I bet that is music to Logan Johnson's ears
Old 02-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #19
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I think Cumberland would benefit from staying another year. Last year with Jacob Evans it was an obvious choice to leave because he had a shot and was selected in the first round which means a guaranteed contract, I don't think he could of really improved his draft stock from a late first round pick. As for Jarron he isn't really on the NBA draft radar and this is just my opinion and for the record I hate Xavier but I respect good players, if Trevon Bluiett came back for his senior season, I think Jarron should come back because aside from a few skills I don't think Jarron is hands down that much better than Bluiett was.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #20
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Ironically Evans should have gone to get the $. But if he came back and improved his handle and worked more on his shot, he’d be a better pro right now. I hope he gets it figured out.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote