Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'15 PA SG Levan Alston

Alston has big day

Team Final out of Philadelphia had a big day and a big weekend. Much of it had to do with the play of Rivals150 combo guard Levan Alston, aka Shizz. A 6-foot-3 combo guard from Haverford (Pa.), Alston currently sits at No. 118 in the national rankings but made a case to be moved up.

A two-way player, Alston uses his quickness and length to pester opponents as a defender. On the offensive end, he is very good at setting up his offense off the dribble and is a very good jump shooter whether it be on pull-ups or coming off a screen and firing from deep. He's also quick to deflect credit to his talented teammates on the perimeter such a Syracuse-bound Malachi Richardson and Villanova-bound Donte Divincenzo who rank No. 21 and No. 81, respectively, in 2015.

"We just have so many guards that can play," said Alston when asked about the success he is enjoying in the EYBL. "It's hard for teams to match up with us, and it gets us open looks.

"It's easy playing with good guards like all of these guys."

Alston said that his recruitment has started to take off of late and that he has offers from VCU, Wichita State, Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Notre Dame Temple and Penn State. Stanford, Harvard and Boston College have shown more interest of late, and he's seen the campuses of Penn State, Harvard, Boston College, Seton Hall and Temple.

He counts his ability to play on or off the ball as a big reason for the interest from college programs.

"They like my ability to play the point and the two," said Alston of college coaches. "I can shoot the three and hit the mid range off the dribble."

https://cincinnati.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1640383
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop · 48m
Cincinnati has offered 2015 Team Final (PA) SG Levan Alston.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://cityofbasketballlove.com/recr...alston-g-2015/
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Shawn Alston - Class of 2015! #8EYe Preview!: http://youtu.be/WVwyxaQrvhg
Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

http://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/4853281

Listed here at 6'7"? No way, right?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
“It shows that hard work is paying off,” said Alston of the Cincinnati offer. “I've been talking to coach (Antwon Jackson) and he seems like a good guy. I like Cincinnati.”

Good free article on Alston by Chad on 247.

LINK
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
“It shows that hard work is paying off,” said Alston of the Cincinnati offer. “I've been talking to coach (Antwon Jackson) and he seems like a good guy. I like Cincinnati.”

Good free article on Alston by Chad on 247.

LINK
I love how a Cincinnati offer means a lot to these 2015 and beyond players. There is a sense of pride I think bc these kids feel tougher for getting an offer from us. It shows we have a solid reputation for playing grown man ball. And we've been around the national scene again for long enough now under Mick that kids have seen our brand of ball since they were 11-12 years old.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I love how a Cincinnati offer means a lot to these 2015 and beyond players. There is a sense of pride I think bc these kids feel tougher for getting an offer from us. It shows we have a solid reputation for playing grown man biiall. And we've been around the national scene again for long enough now under Mick that kids have seen our brand of ball since they were 11-12 years old.
it put smile on my face hearing him say that about our offer.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take him over Beasley. If he wasn't playing basketball seems this kid would still get academic scholarship from ivy league school.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
I'll take him over Beasley. If he wasn't playing basketball seems this kid would still get academic scholarship from ivy league school.
Comments like this are why you rub people the wrong way. What info do you have for a comment like this? You remind me of my 14 year old brother in law who knows everything, just ask him.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote