Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #31
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Shaq was at -2 in the +/- ...only player in the negative. He only played about 12 min though and did get up 9 shots (only made 1 though). At least he was active on the offensive end and not afraid to keep firing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:45 AM   #32
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Shaq was at -2 in the +/- ...only player in the negative. He only played about 12 min though and did get up 9 shots (only made 1 though). At least he was active on the offensive end and not afraid to keep firing.
Granted its only one pre-scrimmage but Shaq def looked like the same Shaq. He can't finish around the rim and he plays weak. Hope the coaches really keep working with him. I have only watch the first half so far but I really enjoyed watching Morman and KJ. I think Morman has such a pure shot.
Is Clark number 11?! Trying to get the guys straight lol.

Not a good game for the bigs to shine. But believe me, we will need them to have a presence on offense if we want all our good guards to succeed. We can't afford another one dimensional offense again.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #33
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Granted its only one pre-scrimmage but Shaq def looked like the same Shaq. He can't finish around the rim and he plays weak. Hope the coaches really keep working with him. I have only watch the first half so far but I really enjoyed watching Morman and KJ. I think Morman has such a pure shot.
Is Clark number 11?! Trying to get the guys straight lol.

Not a good game for the bigs to shine. But believe me, we will need them to have a presence on offense if we want all our good guards to succeed. We can't afford another one dimensional offense again.
Keep watching. Moore settles in during the 3rd and scores at will. Strickland also finally let the game come to him and actually did pretty good in the second half also. I think Ellis will be more of a presence on defense than offense but he and Deberry are both going to have to get put backs and chippies. I believe they can.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #34
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Keep watching. Moore settles in during the 3rd and scores at will. Strickland also finally let the game come to him and actually did pretty good in the second half also. I think Ellis will be more of a presence on defense than offense but he and Deberry are both going to have to get put backs and chippies. I believe they can.
Sounds good! Thanks for the additional info. I am waiting for the 2nd half to watch tonight. We are so ready for UC bball I'm having some friends over and we are going to have drinks and watch the scrimmage. Yeaah we're cool I know lol its the dead season in sports especially with the reds fizzling out. What number is Clark?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #35
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
Jamaree Strickland looks terrible. Jermaine Sanders too. Still.

Love KJ, Morman's defense, and a surprisingly active Ellis.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #36
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Probably not the best type of game for a bunch of new big guys to produce a whole lot. We look very big at least. Defensive rebounding should be fantastic.
Well yeah, you don't want to jump to any conclusions, but you can't help but analyze the game. KJ and Clark impressed me most. KJ went 5/6 from beyond the arc, which is awesome to see. You can tell Gary will just score at will some games (shot 8/12 FGs). Quadri is very versatile. Didn't necessarily dominate inside or out, but it's nice that he has the ability to do both. Think he'll be like a poor man's Yancy. Morman can jump. I love the Dion Dixon comparison someone made earlier. Cobb looked very smooth as well.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #37
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Clark is #11
Old 08-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #38
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Bearcats in the Bahamas: Mick Cronin Post Game Co…: http://youtu.be/vljr8q5yPTA
Old 08-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #39
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Bearcats in the Bahamas: Friday Game Highlights: http://youtu.be/37whM1O5Yy4
Old 08-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #40
BearcatFanatic

BearcatFanatic is on a distinguished road
Rothstein said on Twitter that Ellis had 15 rebounds in 17 minutes...
BearcatFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote