Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
NBA Playoffs

Thoughts?

I consider myself a Spurs fan and have for since Tim Duncan entered the league. I think this is a 3 team race between Spurs/OKC/Miami

Side note: How bad is Bynum as a competitor? They need to trade him. Sucks because he is skilled but you cant trust that guy.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Butterfly

Butterfly is on a distinguished road
I stand by the general statements I made in the fall, Kobe can't do it all himself. I had no idea that Bynum would emerge, like he did during the season and the moment he faded away, they lost.
I'm hoping the Heat win it all, just because I like a good villain.
I imagine there are some Bull fans on prozac.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
I am definitely rooting for the Spurs to win it all. However they have horrible match ups the rest of the way LAC and OKC are really athletic and attack the rim. The Spurs are really poor defensively, so I feel like one of those teams is going to beat them. Hoping they get to the Finals to play Miami.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
I am definitely rooting for the Spurs to win it all. However they have horrible match ups the rest of the way LAC and OKC are really athletic and attack the rim. The Spurs are really poor defensively, so I feel like one of those teams is going to beat them. Hoping they get to the Finals to play Miami.
Spurs would absolutely dismantle the Lakers. They would abuse Bynum with the pick and roll offense. Bynum cant gaurd outside of the paint.

OKC would be tough but they did fine in regular season.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Eternal E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Spurs would absolutely dismantle the Lakers. They would abuse Bynum with the pick and roll offense. Bynum cant gaurd outside of the paint.

OKC would be tough but they did fine in regular season.
LAC meaning the Clippers who they will play in the next round assuming they hold a 3-1 series lead.I watched that whole series with the Jazz and at times they got shots way too easily, all it takes is one bad shooting night at home and all of a sudden you are down 1-0 and the momentum completely shifts (like last year against Memphis). I think the Spurs are deep enough to beat LAC, but OKC will be tough.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
LAC meaning the Clippers who they will play in the next round assuming they hold a 3-1 series lead.I watched that whole series with the Jazz and at times they got shots way too easily, all it takes is one bad shooting night at home and all of a sudden you are down 1-0 and the momentum completely shifts (like last year against Memphis). I think the Spurs are deep enough to beat LAC, but OKC will be tough.
My bad, I cant imagine the Clips given Spurs any trouble at all. Spurs could have had one of the best winning % of all time if they wanted to this year. Literally gave away 4 games with resting players and still have NBA's best record.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Interesting games last night.

Memphis is so tough to beat at their place. That place is nuts and the loudest arena in the NBA. If they can beat LAC on the road I think they win the series. If I am the Spurs I want Clips and not Grizzles.

Miami did what I though they would do verse NYK. Win in 5.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Eternal E
Banned

Denver has come storming back from down 3-1 to force a game 7. I really like the Nuggets, hoping to see George Carl win a title after his Seattle teams were screwed by Michael Jordan.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Spurs continue to dismantle the NBA
Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
Eternal E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Spurs continue to dismantle the NBA
Coach Pop is clearly the best coach in the NBA now that Phil has retired. They simply didn't allow Paul to run pick and roll all night. Bledsoe, Young, Williams, K-Mart, etc are going to have to create their own shots. The only guys that will score in this series are isolation players. However Bledsoe did a really good job on Tony Parker.