Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #141
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
If I were a Juco wing I wouldn’t commit here unless I know what Jacob Evans was going to do. Not sure why a Juco that wants playing time would come here if he has to sit behind Evans.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #142
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
If I were a Juco wing I wouldn’t commit here unless I know what Jacob Evans was going to do. Not sure why a Juco that wants playing time would come here if he has to sit behind Evans.
Evans is gone. It's a no brainer
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #143
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Evans is gone. It's a no brainer
Yeah he's going to make a lot of money starting next year. Even if he's not a 1st round pick (looks like he will be), no team is going to let him go undrafted or shuffle through the G League. There's too much there and that skill set is in demand in a big way in the NBA today. I would be absolutely floored at this point if he was at UC next year. Just like I'd be surprised if Cumberland is around as a SR. Fredericks would be the oldest wing of the bunch by his SR year in that scenario. No reason why he wouldn't get tons of playing time.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #144
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yeah he's going to make a lot of money starting next year. Even if he's not a 1st round pick (looks like he will be), no team is going to let him go undrafted or shuffle through the G League. There's too much there and that skill set is in demand in a big way in the NBA today. I would be absolutely floored at this point if he was at UC next year. Just like I'd be surprised if Cumberland is around as a SR. Fredericks would be the oldest wing of the bunch by his SR year in that scenario. No reason why he wouldn't get tons of playing time.
Agree Jake.I Think Fredricks is letting this play out a bit. I actually think it is a smart thing to do. His recruitment is picking up a bit and with Evans not 100% certain to leave there really isn't a downside to him taking his time. its not like we have anyone else in line to take his spot.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #145
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Even if Evans came back Fredericks would still start
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #146
GarradJ21
Epic Member

I just see a lot of love thrown at Fredericks from Arkansas..He was born in the south so I feel like this is no lock for us, but I really hope we land him.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-18-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #147
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Even if Evans came back Fredericks would still start
I'm not sure we'd even be recruiting Fredericks if Evans was expected to return.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #148
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'm not sure we'd even be recruiting Fredericks if Evans was expected to return.
Why not?

Could you imagine:
Cane
Cumberland
Evans
Fredericks
Scott

?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #149
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Why not?

Could you imagine:
Cane
Cumberland
Evans
Fredericks
Scott

?
I could and I wouldn't complain about it but I think the scholarship would likely get saved for '19 rather than used on Fredericks if Evans returned (unless the staff was absolutely in love with him).

Having Fredericks as the 13th scholarship player next season takes away PT and stifles the development of nearly half of our team.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #150
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Agree Jake.I Think Fredricks is letting this play out a bit. I actually think it is a smart thing to do. His recruitment is picking up a bit and with Evans not 100% certain to leave there really isn't a downside to him taking his time. its not like we have anyone else in line to take his spot.
Agreed...if he is seriously considering us then he holds all the cards. He can take his time and see if a better/sure thing (playing time) option comes along.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote