Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #41
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Disagree here. I will take Mikey and Madsen and maw. And likely Gabe too
As much as I like those guys, kids like that are all over the place..... I’m not sure if Gabe stays or goes but it will be interesting to see what happens with Mason if that’s the case .... will he stay without his bro? I am a twin and I’m not sure what I would do since we did and still do a lot together ... Mikey is really coming into his own.... I don’t think Mika becomes a great player , more like a Kevin Johnson type guy who fills a role
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:56 PM   #42
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
As much as I like those guys, kids like that are all over the place..... I’m not sure if Gabe stays or goes but it will be interesting to see what happens with Mason if that’s the case .... will he stay without his bro? I am a twin and I’m not sure what I would do since we did and still do a lot together ... Mikey is really coming into his own.... I don’t think Mika becomes a great player , more like a Kevin Johnson type guy who fills a role
But we aren’t getting a whole roster of game changers in recruiting so you keep the solid stuff. I am talking about the solid stuff
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:57 PM   #43
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
But we aren’t getting a whole roster of game changers in recruiting so you keep the solid stuff. I am talking about the solid stuff
You can’t build a roster off DD, JD and a very very lackadaisical Eason
Old 03-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #44
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Legend returns home from what can only be described as a complete and utter debacle.

I'll say this. There are players on this team I don't mind. We have some role players. But I would not bother me if anyone left. This team is not good. For all the NBA talk around Tari, he was a complete liability out there.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #45
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Legend returns home from what can only be described as a complete and utter debacle.

I'll say this. There are players on this team I don't mind. We have some role players. But I would not bother me if anyone left. This team is not good. For all the NBA talk around Tari, he was a complete liability out there.
At one point in this season Tari was a clear asset but he’s about as clueless now as Dou. The good thing is Tari has time to learn if he’s coachable
Old 03-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #46
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
At one point in this season Tari was a clear asset but he’s about as clueless now as Dou. The good thing is Tari has time to learn if he’s coachable
If he isn't all in. Get him out.

We don't have a single player good enough to be catered to. This roster is a mess. Johns seat is hot.

What I watched tonight was an embarassment to the history of cincinnati basketball.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #47
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Crazy to think that Scotty Pippen Jr wasn't ranked much higher than MAW out of HS. Dude was hands down the best player we've seen all year. Without him, Vandy could've been UCF as far as I'm concerned.

The freshmen all had very "freshmen-like" games, though I'm surprised to say that we missed Saunders in the 2nd half.

Kinda found it hilarious that Vogt's only basket, and likely final basket at Fifth Third, was probably the most athletic play he's made over his entire 2 years here.

I'm not confident that we beat SMU in the AAC tourney now, but who knows. It's been a very unpredictable season.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:11 AM   #48
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Mason some how takes the 2nd most shots on the team and ends up with just 3 points.

Freshmen played a lot of minutes against a bottom feeder power 5 team and combine for 3-17

This team needs serious talent to compete next year. Like scrappy tough alphas otherwise it will be be another rough year.
Shooters shoot. Mason will be fine. I want him to have that confidence. We need a guy like that. We need a couple.

I agree with your second point. This team needs an upgrade in talent. An off-season could help the freshmen and sophomores improve the talent level a little but we just don’t have the guys to compete. And the ones we have are usually in foul trouble. Counting on Chris Vogt and dou is a problem. We need to just get as much talent as possible in here. It’s hard to tell if it’s bad coaching or we simply don’t have the personal to compete. I’m in no way giving brannen a pass, it’s just hard to tell.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 03-05-2021 at 04:22 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:53 AM   #49
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
We are counting on 3 freshmen to try to win games. I think these guys will be good, but they aren’t ready to win us games right now. In a perfect world, a good team, they would be playing spot minutes, maybe 5 minutes. We are counting on them for 20+ minutes. Our sophomores have actually been pretty good. Maw has been good aside from the Houston game, for the last 10ish games.

We just aren’t good. Need more good players. I’m also done with Vogt and dou. I’d rather a high school project or 2 get those minutes next year. To keep those guys around isn’t helping anything, it’s just prolonging the rebuild

Last edited by cincyguy13; 03-05-2021 at 05:01 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #50
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
We just aren’t good. Need more good players. I’m also done with Vogt and dou. I’d rather a high school project or 2 get those minutes next year. To keep those guys around isn’t helping anything, it’s just prolonging the rebuild
As I've said numerous times in the past, the time for developing a project was last year and this year. It's why I didn't like the Vogt/Sorolla and even Rap signings. Next year the rebuild should be over and we should be fighting for an NCAA tournament spot. I can't see a HS project doing that.

Brannen has put us in a position where we have to rely on transfers at center to turn it around now. If we are using a HS project at center in year 3, we might as well just fire Brannen because that's not getting us to the NCAA tournament.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote