Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #171
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
It seems clear that Mack let his top returning scorer go, while Mick kicked a redshirt freshman off the team.
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #172
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
The players love Mick as evidenced by SK's high regard for him. The AD and Mick have a great relationship as well.

Some kids just have issues. For example Tu and Mark Lyons, either of whom Mack would not have been happier they were leaving. Mick at least has the balls to let troubled players go. There's no debate who handles a locker room better.
I think Mick made the right call for the program but I really like that's committed also helping Ellis find a new school. If Ellis can turn things around some program will have landed a diamond in the rough.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #173
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
LOL. It really is too bad UC isn't as good as Xavier at simply not letting the off the court stuff get out into public.
So, any chance you could fill us all in on the criminal stuff Xavier players have done but didn't get let out into public? Still waiting on some answers there. This should be really good.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #174
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell View Post
It seems clear that Mack let his top returning scorer go, while Mick kicked a redshirt freshman off the team.
I guess he should kick Cashmere Wright off the team to appease Xavier fans and keep the player guilty of assault?

I understand that's how they do it over at Norwood U., but at UC, we hold the player's responsible for their actions.

At Xavier, they let their players brawl and then they let them do postgame interviews to brag about it. Sweet.

Norwood U = Gangsta U
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #175
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
So, any chance you could fill us all in on the criminal stuff Xavier players have done but didn't get let out into public? Still waiting on some answers there. This should be really good.
Maybe you guys could post on a X board? Just a thought.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #176
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Maybe you guys could post on a X board? Just a thought.
No they can't. It makes them feel inferior.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #177
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
No they can't. It makes them feel inferior.
Wait, are there any xavier boards.....
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #178
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
My take exactly.

How many times in the NFL do you see a player instigate something and the guy who retaliates gets the penalty?

This guy instigated a fight, got what he wanted, but got taken down, now he's bitching and moaning about it. Waaaa.

And it sounds like the underage thing could be a problem for the bar, so I see them denying it and moving on, if they know what's best for them.
Is this how all UC fans think? Holy Shit! You have absolutely no idea what went on, yet you are going to say that it CAN'T be the UC players fault, has to be someone else. It had to be the bouncer that instigated a fight, right? Maybe he was just doing his job?

Looks like you were wrong though, it didn't just die, and a UC player was kicked off the team. But, of course it couldn't have been his fault, had to be the bouncers, right?

The majority on this board quickly blamed the bouncer and said he was just looking for attention, and said it will all die soon. I believe there were only maybe 2 or three that disagreed with Ralph, and the whole board went into a flame war, only to be proven that the whole board besides those few were wrong.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #179
Ran513

Ran513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this how all UC fans think? Holy Shit! You have absolutely no idea what went on, yet you are going to say that it CAN'T be the UC players fault, has to be someone else. It had to be the bouncer that instigated a fight, right? Maybe he was just doing his job?

Looks like you were wrong though, it didn't just die, and a UC player was kicked off the team. But, of course it couldn't have been his fault, had to be the bouncers, right?

The majority on this board quickly blamed the bouncer and said he was just looking for attention, and said it will all die soon. I believe there were only maybe 2 or three that disagreed with Ralph, and the whole board went into a flame war, only to be proven that the whole board besides those few were wrong.
Want a cookie, wonderful character you have sir. Glad you LIVE to gloat at others every chance you get, I bet you were most popular in high school as well. Even though you are in my opinion an egotistical ass, I appreciate that. See your kind help people such as myself . You provide me with opportunity to exercise patience and self control. Now if you would kindly shut the f up, I'm tired of practicing
Ran513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #180
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

It has died, it turned out to be exactly as most thought, an unemployed bouncer looking for attention and a low rated TV station looking for a ratings bump during sweeps month.

The police are not filing charges as it amounted to nothing more than 2 guys in a bar fight. The bouncer started it and Ellis finished it.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote