Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Friends don't let friends become Xavier fans
Old 05-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #32
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I am with Jeff on this one but I have made no secrets about that. I personally don't feel the Xavier game is more important than any other game and don't think we need to be talking about Xavier but for one week a year.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
If you can't see this then maybe you should change your screen name from the thegreatone to the thesimplemindedone.
HEYOOO, coming in strong with that one.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #34
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
What's the motivation for a diehard Xavier fan to consistently post on a UC site. Or for that matter a Duke fan on a UNC site, or a Michigan fan on an O$U site. It's to agitate, not to add anything germaine. KCourt is your friend. He stays on here ONLY because of this. He adds NOTHING to this board, and never will. Why even ask what you can do to make this board better when you already have the all the answers. And if you are defining 'popular' as the number of posts on a thread, you shouldn't be surprised that these involve KCourt. When someone comes on the simply ignite a flame, they are going to recieve a vigorous response. Quantity doesn't equate quality. The threads that involve a high number of KCourt posts end up being shitty threads that you have to wallow through to find anything of substance. If you can't see this then maybe you should change your screen name from the thegreatone to the thesimplemindedone.
Great post here and it gets to the heart of it. Greatone not sure why you posted this thread, you obviously are blinded by your friendship with KC and have no intentions of banning him, if that is the case it may be the downfall of what has the potential to be the best board around, but I know I don't come around as often because of the useless drivel that makes threads long that you call the most popular, they are crap. The only real use for me on this board anymore is the recruiting news and Jeff's work there. The rest is as bad or worse than bcn or the old enquirer page. Hey it's your board it's your perogative to do as you please, but you have to look at it objectively and not through glasses with personal leanings to friends etc. Plus it's pretty sad that other mods are over ruled and the majority of mods feel the way the majority of the board does yet you still fight it.

Maybe this going to X thing is started to cloud your judgement?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
I'm adopting a strict "don't read or respond to KCourt" policy. I encourage others to do the same. Don't feed the trolls.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
Bcat

Bcat is on a distinguished road
I think you guys do a great job with this board(I am not positive who all is involved running it). With any message board you will have opposing fans starting things and everyone has fans that I are never happy or just like to stir it up behind a keyboard. Quite honestly, most of the guys on this board are not too bad and the negative guys make me laugh. Overall you guys are doing good with what you can control.

Bearcatnews used to be a pretty good board back in the day. It got really bad with arguing and guys constantly wanting to be negative or just say inappropriate things for the fun of it. Nobody can really control that but if you guys have a way to not let this board become that, I would suggest making that a priority.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I like this board better than Banter and BCN.

I kind of take Ralph with a grain of salt. He is the ultimate Bearcat homer, and frankly when someone is not annoying one note song, it doesn't bother me. More often than not, it kind of goes in one ear or eye, and out the other.

BearcatMick is kind of annoying.
Mdchick is insulting and calls people names.
Kingsley Court isn't just bothersome because he's a XU fan. He's just annoying and commits the cardinal sin of baiting people, which should be a bannable offense.

I like your recruiting info more than anything. Only recently have I taken up talking on the general topic forums.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #38
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcat View Post
I think you guys do a great job with this board(I am not positive who all is involved running it). With any message board you will have opposing fans starting things and everyone has fans that I are never happy or just like to stir it up behind a keyboard. Quite honestly, most of the guys on this board are not too bad and the negative guys make me laugh. Overall you guys are doing good with what you can control.

Bearcatnews used to be a pretty good board back in the day. It got really bad with arguing and guys constantly wanting to be negative or just say inappropriate things for the fun of it. Nobody can really control that but if you guys have a way to not let this board become that, I would suggest making that a priority.
i agree. i think this board was basically formed because it was a group of sane and reasonable uc fans breaking away from the other boards that got out of control. as any message board grows, it is inevitable that it too will get a little out of control in regards to unwanted posters and commentary.

i think there has been some of that on this board to a certain degree- especially in the xu related threads. i get that- as some of said- that those topics are the "most popular" threads- but that is just because people are getting riled and arguing pointless matters. those are pretty much wastes of time and i tend to not look at them. i think the board is good but i will say that my interest in general basketball topics here has waned this year due to some of the commentary getting ridiculous and straight up pointless. now, i come more for recruiting information and occasionally partake in basketball discussion.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #39
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
I will say that there have been a lot of people that are saying something along the lines of "I don't mind an XU fan's point of view, but he's just way over the top", well those people are lying.

I don't know how many people were around when this board really started to pick up, but I was, and it was believed that I was a UC fan. I had disagreements with people, however good conversation was going on. The second it was known I was a Xavier fan, my points and style didn't change, but the reaction certainly did. Any point I made about UC basketball, was attacked by a lot on the board because it was coming from a Xavier fan. I was making the same exact points days earlier, but posed as a UC fan and the conversation was smooth sailing. After it was known, people would disregard what I said, and just bashed Xavier instead. What I found was, most of this board was unable to have intelligent conversation with someone who opposed the majority of the boards opinion, if that person wasn't a UC fan.

I stopped posting here for a while, but chose to come back after all that crosstown shootout crap X received for being thugs. I came back to give it right back to all you UC fans who still think Xavier was full of thugs, even though they have had NO trouble with the law recently, and UC players have.

I also don't think I have resorted to name calling, like the majority of those posters on this board have resorted to, at least when talking about me. I certainly don't mind it, but find it funny at how quick the name calling comes up, especially after one of your points have been proven wrong.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #40
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Now that I've criticized a whole bunch...I should have also mentioned that whoever is in charge of this board does a great job all around. The coverage at Cincinnati.com / Enquirer is not the best and I think the lack of coverage there is unacceptable.

I definitely get more knowledge from this message board than from the Enquirer. Keep up the good work and Thanks.
Closed Thread