Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Once again UC fans get the short end of the stick because of the bad behavior of XU fans and players.

UC should cancel the game rather than throwing bones to XU.

Maybe if enough season tickets holders complain UC will decide to cancel.

I will be emailing Whit to express my feelings.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
X is just terrible.

Beat their crappy team by 30 this year and end the series with those losers
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
This was UC's decision 100 percent.

I think the traditions could be a blast amoung my group of friends.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I think this has the potential to be a good thing. The chance to tailgate and have a split crowd could be a lot of fun as long as fans aren't too over the top. I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison but the SEC football championship is always on a neutral site with highly enthusiastic fan bases together with relatively little problems (at least I can't think of any at the moment). We should be able to pull this off.

Are concession revenues split among the schools in this scenario?
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Bearcat91

Bearcat91 is on a distinguished road
I honestly want to keep the rivalry as long as it can be safe for both teams. If something happens this year then it should be cancelled. Mick will make sure nothing happens from the UC side. I just hope Mack can handle his players. This rivalry has meant a lot for the city barring last year.

The only way that I would stop it is if we could get an annual series with IU, Kentucky or OSU.
Bearcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
College basketball should be played on campus, period.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
College basketball should be played on campus, period.
Neutral site games are becoming more and more popular.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
You know I think we need to be careful not to cast too many stones, yes fans at X have done some bad things, but to think no UC fans have done similar is turning a blind eye. College kids are college kids and they do stupid things at times. Also to say UC gives in by not taking their home game this year is crap, someone had to give at some point so UC took the lead good for them.

I for one have been to the game at both arenas the past 10 years or so and never had any issues with the crowd. Now I did have Dez wells yell at me during play this past year but that's another story.

Hopefully this will be good for both schools, this game needs to be played. There may be a debate as to whether or not it needs a cooling off period after last year, but it needs to be played, it is one of the best local rivalries in the country period. I'm glad they have found a way to make it happen, I just pray there is no bad behavior on either side of the court next year on or off the court.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Xavier fans and players have ruined the Crosstown Shootout.

Xavier fans do not know how to act, throwing blue paint on Butch Jones, Larry Davis's wife, Mick's dad and brother, Kenny Frease smacking the AD's wife cell phone out of her hand, there was no way UC was ever going to play at Cintas again.
I forgot all about this claim. I remember at one point UC fans claimed Frease actually hit the AD's wife, and said that UC was already pressing charges. In fact, I made a bet with someone here that it would never happen, don't know who I made it with. Can't believe people actually believed that story.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
2 things, it wasn't the AD's wife, it was Coach Davis's wife, and he didn't hit her, he smacked her cell phone out of her hand. It did happen, that is a fact, but hardly a reason to press any charges.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote