Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
sorolla out?

Odd timing but appeaars Sorolla is leaving fpr Europe
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Definitely odd to leave in the middle of the night. Hurts the depth but it’s not a killer. Get diarra and Davenport ready
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know the whole story, but his father passed over the summer and maybe his family needs him... Like I said I have no idea.. But another thing could be when he committed here, everyone thought Vogt would be sitting this year due to transfer as it seemed unlikely he would get a waiver and Diarra had a ways to go before playing. But looking at it now, Vogt is our big man and Dou is now the first big off the bench. I wish him the best and hopefully he can play professionally in Europe, it hurts us in terms of depth but I think this team keeps rolling without him.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sucks it didn't work out for him but as some have mentioned Diara has been taking his minutes. So we have a backup but we also have the small ball option with Scott...which just became a more viable option with the emergence of Harvey if he can keep it up. I'm not sure we will see much more of Davenport but maybe a little in emergency.

Good luck in Europe!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:29 AM   #5
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I'd guess it's a minutes thing, Sorolla figures if he's not playing here he might as well give Europe a shot. Diarra has majorly outplayed Sorolla, in fact I've been saying for a bit that Sorolla shouldn't be getting minutes.

It hurts depth a bit, but as long as we avoid foul trouble/injury, Diarra can be upped to 15-20 minutes per game as backup 4 and 5 and Vogt/Scott get the rest. Our small ball options are no worse than having Sorolla play if we go that route to buy some minutes.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #6
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'd guess it's a minutes thing, Sorolla figures if he's not playing here he might as well give Europe a shot. Diarra has majorly outplayed Sorolla, in fact I've been saying for a bit that Sorolla shouldn't be getting minutes.

It hurts depth a bit, but as long as we avoid foul trouble/injury, Diarra can be upped to 15-20 minutes per game as backup 4 and 5 and Vogt/Scott get the rest. Our small ball options are no worse than having Sorolla play if we go that route to buy some minutes.
Sorolla is a smart player and knows what he is doing. That’s still valuable for a coach. If diarra knew what he was doing he would play a lot more. No choice now
Old 02-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #7
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I liked Sorolla in the 5 out motion offense we ran in the first couple games. We haven't run anything similar since then though, so he's kind of lost his place. Hopefully he finds success wherever he ends up.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
If Adam Hrycaniuk can still play high-level European basketball at the age of 35, there should definitely be a place on that continent for Sorolla to thrive.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #9
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
If Adam Hrycaniuk can still play high-level European basketball at the age of 35, there should definitely be a place on that continent for Sorolla to thrive.
Adam hrycaniuk is the worst player to ever play for us. I truly believe that
Old 02-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #10
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
I just don’t get why guys can’t stick out the year for their teammates and have some commitment. If this was for family reasons then that’s a different story.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote