Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
ellis out

Dismissed from team. fight at bar was factor in decision.

Great move by Mick

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 05-18-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Hope that sucker punch was worth it. Not smart. But wait, NOT GUILTY, if only UC had the same people that Xavier has protecting their players, Ellis would still be a part of the team. Right, right? LOL moron. (Not Guilty, not Ellis)

I do feel bad for Ellis, been through some rough shit.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Great move by Mick
You think? That's the only factor. Well that, and the fact that he has had previous problems while at UC.

That bouncer must have talked some serious trash talk, I'm sure Ellis learned that ROUGH lesson from Mick. What a joke.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
I hate to see someone like Ellis go but Mick had to do something. His hand was forced and He made the right decision in my opinion. Its a shame because of Ellis's childhood and the opportunity he had in front of him.

Lets hope no charges are filed against anyone and no more disciplinary actions are taken for the current players.

BearcatMick and Ralph, you guys need to cool it with your conspiracies. You make the fanbase look delusional
Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Ellis has had a very troubled past, I honestly hope this kid gets his head on straight at some point...but he has issues.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
You think? That's the only factor. Well that, and the fact that he has had previous problems while at UC.

That bouncer must have talked some serious trash talk, I'm sure Ellis learned that ROUGH lesson from Mick. What a joke.
Xavier fan posting unwanted comments on a UC board. What a joke.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I think Ellis had a tremendoues amount of potential.

I like that Mick held him to higher standard but lets be real. This was not a tough decision.

Best news is that Cronin is going to continue to work with Ellis and help him pick a good school for him to land at.

I am think C-USA. If he reaches his potential he could be really really good. Besides Shaq Thomas I think he might have the higest potential on the team.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post

Why do you keep referencing trash talk as to why Yancy went Mr. T on Xavier?

I am pretty sure it was the slap and blindside shove.

Tu was ready to slap a freshman and Dez was willing to shove our 6'2 gaurd but when Yancy started throwing punches and sticking up for Guyn TU and Dez wanted none of it.

Chicken shit move. Talk a bunch of trash, slap a freshman, blindside shove one of the smallest guys on the team and then cry foul when Yancy starts clearing house.

Last edited by Thegreatone; 05-18-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I disagree in potential
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Great move by Mick
Too bad for the young man, he's been through a quite a bit in his life. But I do think it was the right decision. My guess is the brawl and the nightclub weren't the only two incidents. This was probably the final straw. Best of luck to him, glad Mick is going to help him out in finding a new school to attend/play. I'm sure it was tough decision, but had to be done.
Closed Thread