Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Board Opinions

What is your opinion of this board? What needs to happen to make it better? I do not care about growing it but what is going to get more people posting on the board?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
What is your opinion of this board? What needs to happen to make it better? I do not care about growing it but what is going to get more people posting on the board?
I use the board mainly for info and to see how Bearcat fans feel about the programs. I believe there should be room for debate and contrary opinions from those that support the program. With that said I don't like that non UC fans can spend so much time on this board. I understand that in the week before a game opposing fans show up, that can be fun. What I don't understand is how a fan of an opposing team can find so much time that they can constantly be on this board year round hijacking threads. Are they truly worried about what we think of their programs?

Apparently KC is a friend to many on the board but the constant bashing of the program by someone that is not vested in the program is not enjoyable and has turned me off to many a thread. I'll give him this, I know he is an X fan and makes no effort to hide that. That is almost better than the poster that says "I am a UC fan but ......." and you know that he is anything but a UC fan
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Get rid of Ralph, BearcatMick, and KC and this board will immediately become 10x better.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Get rid of Ralph, BearcatMick, and KC and this board will immediately become 10x better.
Incorrect. Kc is the problem not me or Ralph
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
+1
Old 05-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
If the senior moderator would step down
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
I don't mind Bearcat Mick or Ralph. Every board needs homers. What we can do without is any eggs-avier fan. The only time to hear from them is during the week of the game, which should actually go to the smack board. Their opinion is biased and useless for anything UC, imo.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
AAABearcat

AAABearcat is on a distinguished road
It has been my observation that new posters can get dumped on, that might make people who otherwise would post, decide not to.
This board appears to an outsider to be a closed club, with self appointed enforcers that crack down on anything that they don't consider appropriate without giving new posters the benefit of doubt or the chance to show where their loyalties lay. Obviously, this isn't true of all and the moderators do not indulge in this type of behaviour, but they don't come to the defense of a new poster either. - IMHO
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Bearcatmick and Ralph are just on repeat contributing nothing whatsoever and KC is just an instigator that takes rational conversations and somehow creates an argument about the crosstown shootout.

If all three were gone, the threads would run much more smoothly.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
I don't mind Bearcat Mick or Ralph. Every board needs homers. What we can do without is any eggs-avier fan. The only time to hear from them is during the week of the game, which should actually go to the smack board. Their opinion is biased and useless for anything UC, imo.
There is a smack board? Please tell me which board that is, I haven't found it.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Closed Thread