Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Moving Forward

My thoughts on this team.

Seriously concerned about Health
- Cash... Different year same story. His knee cant hold up for an entire year. This team will be fine if he can produce points. He NEEDS to get healthy but I dont see that happening.
-Parker is a tough dude, but every single time he goes down he grabbing at his ankle... Ankle issues linger.
-Any info on Justins leg?

Offensive production
- We are unlikely to go far if we depend on cash park and sk to do all of the scoring... Add in the fact that cash is in a rut due to his knee.
- Justin has to get you 6-10 points a game. Titus HAS to get you 8-12. This should not be asking to much.
- Our bench has to stop playing scared. Go in, play basketball, score some points.
- Our half court sucks, TEMPO. RUN AND GUN. Use our athletes.

Bigs
- Call me crazy, but am I the only one willing to go Gaines over David right now???
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
no not crazy with dn over kg,but you cant play dn for long stretches because he gets gased easily. not a knock on him, just the fact of being 7'1 and first year at high level ball.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Cash, Kilpatrick, and Parker are absolute warriors. They are playing hard through a ton of injuries, and playing significant minutes against top flight competition. I am very concerned as well that they are just wearing down.

This last stretch of big east play, aside from USF, is brutal. It can make or break this season. We can play our way to a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney with stellar play or we could completely collapse.

Hopefully Justin Jackson can go on Tuesday. Nova has some talented players and have shown they can play with the best when they are on
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
My thoughts on this team.

Seriously concerned about Health
- Cash... Different year same story. His knee cant hold up for an entire year. This team will be fine if he can produce points. He NEEDS to get healthy but I dont see that happening.
-Parker is a tough dude, but every single time he goes down he grabbing at his ankle... Ankle issues linger.
-Any info on Justins leg?

Offensive production
- We are unlikely to go far if we depend on cash park and sk to do all of the scoring... Add in the fact that cash is in a rut due to his knee.
- Justin has to get you 6-10 points a game. Titus HAS to get you 8-12. This should not be asking to much.
- Our bench has to stop playing scared. Go in, play basketball, score some points.
- Our half court sucks, TEMPO. RUN AND GUN. Use our athletes.

Bigs
- Call me crazy, but am I the only one willing to go Gaines over David right now???
Not crazy, id go Gaines over cheik right now.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
sorry read that wrong...yes you are crazy with kg over dn. dn atleast gives us a presence in the paint, with all due respect to kg, it's like 5 on 4 when he's in.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
sorry read that wrong...yes you are crazy with kg over dn. dn atleast gives us a presence in the paint, with all due respect to kg, it's like 5 on 4 when he's in.
Dave gives us an offensive presence? Ummm no. Neither does gaines, but gaines is alot stronger.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
As far as playing CM, DN, or KG, I say none...between the 3 of them yesterday, they had zero offensive rebounds...I want to see Rubles or Jackson to play the 5 and play a smaller and faster transition game...rubles has been out rebounding the "bigs" all year...and playing in the 5 role will take the ball out of his hands beyond the foul line...until UC can attract, coach, and develop a big man, I do not see why they try to force the idea of playing a center...mick had more success playing John Williamson as the main "big" in his offense
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Gaines sucks....bad. Unfortunately so did our other bigs so I don't think it really matters.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Mick needs to try starting Jackson and Rubles at the 4 and 5. I really don't see what it would hurt at this point.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Mick needs to try starting Jackson and Rubles at the 4 and 5. I really don't see what it would hurt at this point.
Jackson is a waste of space on the court and Rubles is not much better. Time to put Thomas and Sanders in there to get them some experience.

Last edited by Amberlycolonel; 02-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote