Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't get the SK reference. What exactly has he been saying that's falling so short with 20 pts a game, 2 steals, 4 rebounds, 3 assists?
He went back in old habit in taking bad shots and missing a lot. He went 5/20 Sorry I look at his fg % which was horrid last year and it showed again yesterday. Just because he had 19 points doesn't mean it was a good performance.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
He went back in old habit in taking bad shots and missing a lot. He went 5/20 Sorry I look at his fg % which was horrid last year and it showed again yesterday. Just because he had 19 points doesn't mean it was a good performance.
It wasn't his best game, but you can't just look at field goal percentage to determine how well a guy played.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Umm.. Sk played a poor game.... and still filled up the stat sheets.

Did he force some shots? Probably.. Do I want him forcing shots? Absolutely... Because frankly a bad shot for him is better then a good shot for 90% of our team.

Ripping Sk is just clownlike. Hes the only one that can offensively play. That has some basketball IQ.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #24
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
There was an article last week that said JD3 isnt playing because his mind isnt even remotely close to basketball. Mick said he practices at most twice a week and even then hes just doing shooting drills. Thats why hes not playing.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Umm.. Sk played a poor game.... and still filled up the stat sheets.

Did he force some shots? Probably.. Do I want him forcing shots? Absolutely... Because frankly a bad shot for him is better then a good shot for 90% of our team.

Ripping Sk is just clownlike. Hes the only one that can offensively play. That has some basketball IQ.
I don't think him taking bad shots which led to easy buckets for NM classifies as smart playing. He's a fifth year senior and I expect more.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #26
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
First possession of the game: Jackson hits a nice Tim Duncan style bank shot
Next possession: Rubles drives and finds Jackson for a lay up

Then Jackson tried to get to tricky in the paint, got frustrated, and UC went away from this offense.

The main issue offensively is to trust the system...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
His teammates were dribbling a couple seconds then handing him the ball. His forcing a couple was due to no one else creating or wanting to shoot. The team calmed down in the second half and started attacking for themselves allowing Sean to take what the defense gave him.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't think him taking bad shots which led to easy buckets for NM classifies as smart playing. He's a fifth year senior and I expect more.
Enlighten me on what you are supposed to do when you have 4 other guys on the court with the inability to put the ball in the hoop....

Are we seriously ripping SK? Hands down the best UC player we have seen in a while.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think just played the way he usually plays. Nothing would fall for him, I didn't think he forced it as bad as he did for most of last year. He looked solid in the second half, as he scored all but 2 of his 19 points in the second half. Everyone has bad games, he was due for one. He will be ready for the Crosstown Shootout.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I didn't say he had a good performance...but it's kind of hard being the ONLY guy on the team who can make shit happen...and then STILL get it done when the other team knows that.

Give the kid a break....he's put his heart and soul into this program.

Ripping on SK is one of the most ridiculous things I can imagine a fan harping about. Trust me...there are about 10 things you can rip on before you get to SK.

Last edited by waterhead; 12-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote