Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Link? I heard he's transferring, but hadn't heard anything about UC. Where are you hearing this? I wish when people posted things around here, they'd give a little more detail about where it's coming from. If you're actually a legitimate recruiting analyst with inside sources and press passes like Chad Brendel, then I'll buy it, but otherwise......

But anyway, he looks like he was a very solid 4-star prospect. More of a pure point guard. Short (5'11"-6'0") but a great passer. Decent shooter, at best. I'd welcome him, but I wouldn't be ecstatic about it or anything. Looks like he lost some minutes this year. Free throw shooting and turnovers look like they were an issue.
Sometimes it's just not a good thing to say who you get it from but you either trust the info or don't but feel free to ask jeff or chad I'm sure they have heard the same.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #12
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Nice highlights for sure. What year will he be?
He will be a junior in 15-16
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
You may want to reconsider after you watch these senior highlights of him:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJHlxJpe9z4
He's definitely a talented player. He was a consensus top 100 player in the 2012 class. He's quick, has a good handle, and he can be a willing passer... but he hasn't put it all together yet. I think a year off to really work on his shot and other weaknesses would do wonders for his game. Imagine how good the backcourt could be in 2016-17 when Troy, KJ, and Ronnie would all be Seniors, Morman would be a Junior, and whoever else we might recruit.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #14
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Nice highlights for sure. What year will he be?
Junior. Just reading up on him, sounds like a bit of a head case, albeit a talented one. Of course, Painter is a pretty horrible coach, so I can see where he might not get along with him. A lot of the articles are written by Purdue fans who are naturally going to be biased against him since he is leaving. This article seems to take a fair view on his situation:http://www.hammerandrails.com/2014/3...er-from-purdue

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 03-16-2014 at 10:34 AM.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
TheSlenderWhale

TheSlenderWhale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
Guyn is a Senior next year and if we landed Johnson he'd have to sit out the entire season. The two would never play with each other.
Right of course, that rule slipped my mind. In that case I'm a little skeptical he would come here. He will have some serious competition at the starting point guard spot with TC, but if he went to another program that had a little less potential at that spot, he'd probably be assured a starting job.

Just my opinion. Why go where you may be a backup when another school could guarantee you a starting role?
TheSlenderWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
He seems like a nice player but a bit of a head case. I wouldn't be upset if he ended up somewhere else.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
cincinnati?? really???
Banned

cincinnati?? really??? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Junior. Just reading up on him, sounds like a bit of a head case, albeit a talented one. Of course, Painter is a pretty horrible coach, so I can see where he might not get along with him. A lot of the articles are written by Purdue fans who are naturally going to be biased against him since he is leaving. This article seems to take a fair view on his situation:http://www.hammerandrails.com/2014/3...er-from-purdue
Who the hellis cincinnatis coach even??? IDK and im guessing majority of people have no clue either. You're an irrelevant program in an irrelevant conference. Just be thankful you even have a shot at our leftovers. Have fun in the aac or whatever crap conference you guys are in. Your fanbase is so pathetically small no power conference would ever touch you. lol

Last edited by cincinnati?? really???; 03-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.
cincinnati?? really??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati?? really??? View Post
Who the hellis cincinnatis coach even??? IDK and im guessing majority of people have no clue either. You're an irrelevant program in an irrelevant conference. Just be thankful you even have a shot at our leftovers. Have fun in the aac or whatever crap conference you guys are in. lol
Do you know how to spell/use proper grammar? You must go to Xavier, have fun losing to Dayton in the first round, moron.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #19
cincinnati?? really???
Banned

cincinnati?? really??? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you know how to spell/use proper grammar? You must go to Xavier, have fun losing to Dayton in the first round, moron.
Have fun never beimg relevant in your crap conference, loser.
cincinnati?? really??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #20
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
This nut sac. Apparently we're relevant for you to take the time to create an account and post. Nice job pretending you don't know our conference, you almost sold it. B-low me then head back to the basement with your pitiful team.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote