Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Wow, did you watch Vaughn as a senior? Lol...Dixon and Bishop....really? Sk.....loved him....but he really only had one great season. Caupain....jury's still out....did you watch him today? Clark.....wasn't he the POY in NC? Wouldn't classify him as a diamond in the rough. He wa 4 star. Logan....Cronin wasn't the head coach.
Vaughn, SK, and Logan are in top 5 all time scoring in school history. Are you actually saying they werent good finds? Wow. Logan would not have been a bearcat if not for Mick. Huggins did not want him. Mick kept pushing and pushing for Huggs to take him. Finally Mick told Steve to call Huggs and tell him how much he wanted to be a bearcat. Huggs finally gave in. Mick found him, recruited him and got him on the bearcats. Dixon was an integral part of Mick's best team and scored 1000 points. Bishop was an elite defender that helped get UC back to the NCAA tournament. Clark didnt get recruited by ANY team on tobacco road.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
What? Vaughn, Kilpatrick, Dixon, Bishop, Caupain, Logan, Clark?
When you have to list Dixon and Bishop to defend Mick, that just really points out how weak recruiting has been for 9 years. I liked Dixon much much more than Bishop.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Quote:
When you have to list Dixon and Bishop to defend Mick, that just really points out how weak recruiting has been for 9 years. I liked Dixon much much more than Bishop.
I was listing his diamond in the rough finds. Which you said he did not have a good track record of, which of course is bullshit as I have just pointed out.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #14
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Vaughn, SK, and Logan are in top 5 all time scoring in school history. Are you actually saying they werent good finds? Wow. Logan would not have been a bearcat if not for Mick. Huggins did not want him. Mick kept pushing and pushing for Huggs to take him. Finally Mick told Steve to call Huggs and tell him how much he wanted to be a bearcat. Huggs finally gave in. Mick found him, recruited him and got him on the bearcats. Dixon was an integral part of Mick's best team and scored 1000 points. Bishop was an elite defender that helped get UC back to the NCAA tournament. Clark didnt get recruited by ANY team on tobacco road.
Do you really want me to go back and list all the ones Mick missed on? I could easily do it, but I think everyone knows the outcome already.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
That would require having big men who know how to actually post up. Use their body as an advantage. We towered over VCU but yet all I saw was guys 4-5 inches shorter than Ellis and Deberry have better position than any UC post guy. IMO its been an issue for years.
Clark can play in the post. Deberry has some post moves... Ellis is limited but still a put back
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
I was listing his diamond in the rough finds. Which you said he did not have a good track record of, which of course is bullshit as I have just pointed out.
Some of the playes you call diamonds, other programs would call the rough.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #17
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Quote:
Some of the playes you call diamonds, other programs would call the rough.
Cant talk to you when you have blinders on.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #18
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Do you really want me to go back and list all the ones Mick missed on? I could easily do it, but I think everyone knows the outcome already.
Wow you have a lot of free time then
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #19
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
That would require having big men who know how to actually post up. Use their body as an advantage. We towered over VCU but yet all I saw was guys 4-5 inches shorter than Ellis and Deberry have better position than any UC post guy. IMO its been an issue for years.
Don't help you don't have coach over 6'3 on your staff.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #20
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick has definitely shifted his recruiting strategy. His last two classes have almost exclusively been centered around offense. Clark, Moore, Cobb, Deberry, Jenifer, Scott, and Evans were all recruited because of their ability to put the ball in the basket. It's yet to be seen if that shift will work the way he hopes.
So you are telling me his recruiting classes of Sanders, Shaq, JDIII, Caupain, Lawrence, etc., have been centered around defense? Those guys were supposed to be offensively inclined players but for the most part never panned out. Still to be seen with Caupain but IMO he has a lot of work to do.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote