Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #391
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think it'll just be a game by game thing.
Right. No sense in trying to peg minutes on a game by game basis. A lot will depend on game flow, matchup, other team's personnel, what defense we're facing, etc.

I do expect Mick to try out some different lineups in the upcoming games, though. We have seen very brief stints of some of these, but for instance:

Jenifer/Troy at 1-2
Cobb/Johnson at 2-3
Evans/Shaq at 2-3 and 3-4
Ellis/DeBerry at 4-5

We have a lot of good players. We're going to play a lot of good players. Said players are unselfish and passing up good shots for great shots. Things couldn't have gone better the first two games so I don't see Mick all of the sudden changing things up.

My advice is to just sit back and enjoy this team play and not fret that player A got so many minutes and player B got so few minutes. Mick knows what he's doing and he'll put us in the best position to win games.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #392
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce=twitter.com

I don't know if they can reach a one seed but a two or three seed is a real possibility.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #393
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Right. No sense in trying to peg minutes on a game by game basis. A lot will depend on game flow, matchup, other team's personnel, what defense we're facing, etc.

I do expect Mick to try out some different lineups in the upcoming games, though. We have seen very brief stints of some of these, but for instance:

Jenifer/Troy at 1-2
Cobb/Johnson at 2-3
Evans/Shaq at 2-3 and 3-4
Ellis/DeBerry at 4-5

We have a lot of good players. We're going to play a lot of good players. Said players are unselfish and passing up good shots for great shots. Things couldn't have gone better the first two games so I don't see Mick all of the sudden changing things up.

My advice is to just sit back and enjoy this team play and not fret that player A got so many minutes and player B got so few minutes. Mick knows what he's doing and he'll put us in the best position to win games.
I agree.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #394
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce=twitter.com

I don't know if they can reach a one seed but a two or three seed is a real possibility.
Mentions our weak schedule in November, doesn't mention any of the games in December. Butler, Iowa State, Xavier and Tenn/ GW will all be solid games.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:02 PM   #395
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Because it's such a new phenomenon I'm still a little worried that the offensive juggernaut that we have seen in the first couple of games is going to come back down to earth.

However, one of my favorite things about this team is the depth and versatility we can throw at any team. If one man is struggling with his shot or his style of play isn't particularly effective against a certain team...we have another man to throw at them with a different style but a similar skill level.

We should be able to avoid those really horrible offensive nights because of this.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #396
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Because it's such a new phenomenon I'm still a little worried that the offensive juggernaut that we have seen in the first couple of games is going to come back down to earth.

However, one of my favorite things about this team is the depth and versatility we can throw at any team. If one man is struggling with his shot or his style of play isn't particularly effective against a certain team...we have another man to throw at them with a different style but a similar skill level.

We should be able to avoid those really horrible offensive nights because of this.
Obviously we won't score 100 every night and there will be a few some teams that can successfully slow us down, but I think with the up tempo mindset and the unselfishness of this team will keep scoring high. Overall I think the team will average between 73-77ppg over the course of the year, which is a huge improvement from previous years.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #397
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Through 3 games: 66 assists and 37 turnovers for a 1.78 AST/TO. That is outstanding.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #398
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Through 3 games: 66 assists and 37 turnovers for a 1.78 AST/TO. That is outstanding.
Beautiful we only had 1TO(very late) in 2nd half.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:20 AM   #399
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Farad cobb is shooting 66% from 3 out of a decent sample size of 12-18 just thought I'd let you know.

And he is averaging 15 ppg in 19 mpg pretty impressive.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #400
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Chances Mick gets National Coach of the Year?