Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 12-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #41
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Hahaha I just watched his post game interview, within the first thirty seconds he said "we knew we we're going to struggle on offense, but hoped we play well enough on defense to get some turnovers".........this same man said before he game we will struggle on defense. Does he even know what he's saying anymore???
Lol. Knew the offense would struggle, knew the defense would struggle...so we were hanging our hopes on the special teams, which allowed a TD on the opening kickoff and failed miserably on a fake FG attempt. You really can't make this stuff up.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #42
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Calling yourself BEARCAT ROB is a joke! You should be embarrassed using "BEARCAT" in front, as though you are a diehard Bearcat fan. I am confident that Mike Bohn has seen plenty of guys like you before. If he pulls the plug on Coach T, Bohn should be fired. Ask yourself these questions: Do you donate to the football program/ UCATS?; Do you have season tickets to the games? Do you travel to some of their away games? Did you support Butch Jones when his team went 4-8? Did you support Kiel when he was QB? The answer to those questions is probably NO! Am I correct BEARCAT rob?
Must be lonely being the only true fan
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #43
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
I mentioned in earlier posts that coaching at most levels takes a lot of delegating responsibilities. You must rely on your assistant coaches a great deal to get the job done. I believe Tubs still has the passion to win (all coaches do), he still has the connections, and is a solid person that brings stability. If I were Coach T, I would evaluate my assistants as to who is getting the job done and who is not, and then fire the ones not getting the job done as position coaches or as recruiters. Go out and get the best available assistants. That's my take!
while i agree if tubs stays there has to be changes to the coaching staff but at end of the day tubberville is the ceo hes the one responsible for putting these coaches together he relies on. well see how he does in recruiting but so far the class is sub par to cincinnati standards.

Any chance cincinnati has of getting in a power 5 is on the back of the football program and if were just another american football program it gives us no advantage. Im not ready to send tubberville packing I think another year at least is in order a lot of crazy things happened this year as fans we overlooked injuries and everything else and they were not just a few. Our qb who is arguably going to be drafted has not been himself all year because of injuries the defense lost everyone. But if the team keeps regressing (which I dont think they will) hes got to go. The bottom line tho is fans are emotional we get angry we think firing coaches is problem no matter what.

I think uc nation needs to take a step back be realistic and stop the panic. While all teams have injuries not every team went thru what we have and the ones that did mostly had sub par seasons. Tubberville is a good recruiter lets hope he can keep that up. Losing larkin was not great but we are fine at that position. Now if players start to transfer left and right then we may have a serious problem. I just think we will be fine and firing tubberville right now would be a mistake.

Not to mention tubberville red shirts almost every freshman hes just now starting to coach the players he recruited.

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 12-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #44
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Fleck from Western Michigan doesn't seem like a great X's and O's guy but is only 35 and has done a good job rebuilding WMU. He has the recruiting class ranked in the 50's and seems like an energetic program builder. Wouldn't mind him.

The Brohm guy at WKU seems like an offensive guru and calls his own plays. He also would be a good option.

Tuberville sucks and has sucked since the day he was hired. Still shaking my head over the fact that we hired this ass clown without an interview. We didn't even look at other candidates. Thanks Whit! Hope you fail miserably at Virgini Tech.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #45
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Fleck from Western Michigan doesn't seem like a great X's and O's guy but is only 35 and has done a good job rebuilding WMU. He has the recruiting class ranked in the 50's and seems like an energetic program builder. Wouldn't mind him.

The Brohm guy at WKU seems like an offensive guru and calls his own plays. He also would be a good option.

Tuberville sucks and has sucked since the day he was hired. Still shaking my head over the fact that we hired this ass clown without an interview. We didn't even look at other candidates. Thanks Whit! Hope you fail miserably at Virgini Tech.
Oh god I'm about to agree with you. Anyway, Whit did literally almost no research in hiring Butch Jones' replacement. He went after a name and not a coach. People can argue Tuberville isn't coaching with his recruits yet. However I will argue he isn't coaching much if at all. The guy continously has this team looking outclassed and unprepared for average opponents let alone a good football team. The guy has ignored recruiting in the state of Ohio and more specifically the cincinnati area. He is hell bent on getting guys who the ACC and SEC have passed on in the south. With him at the helm I don't see this getting better only worse.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #46
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
It was a very sad football season. Something needs to change for next year.....please
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #47
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
The thing that pissed me off this year was the complete lack of creativity in the running game. We had 3 solid RBs with some different skill sets, and seemingly 99% of our runs were right up the middle from shotgun. No misdirections, no quick pitches, no pistol formation.

We had perfect personnel to run a lot of jet sweep action. This has become a huge part of college football and we refused to do it. Shaq, Lewis, and Tshumbi Johnson would have been great slot receivers to get the ball in space and let them make a play on the outside. Hell we could have used Holton, Moore, McKay, etc if we wanted to.

The threat of just putting a receiver in motion is often enough to slow down the defense. All the sudden you get LBs who aren't as instinctive.

I think the final straw with tuberville for me came with the delay of game before the field goal last night. You always have to be thinking two plays ahead, and letting something like that happen is just inexcusable.*
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #48
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Look at this! Tommy Tuberville bringing NTS and the_one together on something! It's a Christmas miracle!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #49
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Oh god I'm about to agree with you. Anyway, Whit did literally almost no research in hiring Butch Jones' replacement. He went after a name and not a coach. People can argue Tuberville isn't coaching with his recruits yet. However I will argue he isn't coaching much if at all. The guy continously has this team looking outclassed and unprepared for average opponents let alone a good football team. The guy has ignored recruiting in the state of Ohio and more specifically the cincinnati area. He is hell bent on getting guys who the ACC and SEC have passed on in the south. With him at the helm I don't see this getting better only worse.
i got to disagree with you here. he knew butch jones well and you got to remember at the time we needed a coach who could sell the program so we could raise money for the stadium and also sell us to get into the big 12. Tubberville was the perfect hire for where we were as a program and what we were trying to get done.

It has not worked out on the field tho some could argue it has besides one bad year but i think it will. But when you really look at the reasons why we hired tubberville it made perfect sense and was thought out more then people give credit.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #50
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Shoot your mouth off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Sometimes people say things that are just not true. My point is this---I have seen on this site, more than just a couple times, that Tuberville does not recruit Ohio kids---WRONG!! On the football roster of 98 are 33 kids from Ohio--a percentage of 34%. Mick has one kid on his roster of 13--a percentage of 8%. Why don't you get on his ass for awhile!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote