Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #51
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
I'm not saying start but i see people say 8 minutes and they're severely under rating him. The misconception is he's a 2 guard, ive watched him since middle school against 5 stars as well as older kids high school etc. He can score and played with a small guard at prep so played off the ball some for team sake. Also to fit in his first year at city rocks. Point guard is more about your mindset and how you make decisions and obviously skill which he doesn't lack etc but you'll see. Star rating can be misleading, if had more established point then I'd agree bring along slower. But the good thing is in due time it'll all come out as the season will be here, then people will see where I'm coming from.
I hope you’re right about Mika but Brannnen brought in Mcneal for a reason. Usually frosh have an adjustment period unless they are higher caliber recruits and even many of those do.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #52
Mongoose

Mongoose is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I hope you’re right about Mika but Brannnen brought in Mcneal for a reason. Usually frosh have an adjustment period unless they are higher caliber recruits and even many of those do.
I agree on the whole adjustment period with freshmen and definitely think McNeil will play obviously or he wouldn't have came. I just think this is a freshman who could play more then spot minutes as I've seen people on the Cincinnati forums suggesting.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #53
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Good, cause they are moving the line back this season.
Jarron was one of the best shooters in the country last year from NBA 3-point range - a little over 40%. I am not sure how Jaevin did from extra deep, but I don't think the longer line is going to effect either of them too much.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #54
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Jarron was one of the best shooters in the country last year from NBA 3-point range - a little over 40%. I am not sure how Jaevin did from extra deep, but I don't think the longer line is going to effect either of them too much.
Watching Jaevin's mix tape I don't think it's going to be an issue at all. It could turn out to be a nice advantage for us with both Cumberlands being able to hit from deep. They both have range!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #55
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Just in case you haven’t already seen the highlights for Jaevin....the kid has limitless range.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq5XpBBX2jg
The video was apparently recorded on a Nokia phone and uploaded on AOL. I was very impressed with Jaevin's 47 pixel range.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote