Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #61
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
HALF RIGHT HALF WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Kenyon Dissed mick on twitter when we lost to Nevada (im not going to get into why that is so hypocritical of him) and Kenyon is an abrasive dude, who never knows when to shut the F up. I could see him and Mick no longer being friends if he played for UC.

My guess is that Mick told him that he is not going to actively recruit him and set him up for the kind of pressure playing at UC with Martin on the back of your jersey will bring, but that if with no recruitment, he still wanted to go to UC, that Mick would probably accept his committment, but I doubt that happens

But this is all for Show imo. He has zero intentions of coming to UC and Mick isn't one bit upset about it. At least he is pinning the UC tweet to his twitter and kept us in his top 8, its all good PR for UC. But we aren't going to land him.
You are right about Martin not coming to UC. You are wrong about Mick not accepting him. He would in a heartbeat!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #62
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
You are right about Martin not coming to UC. You are wrong about Mick not accepting him. He would in a heartbeat!
Did Mick tell you this? Is that why he hasn't actually offered him?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #63
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
When did I say he wouldn’t accept his commitment?

But it’s not happening. Mick’s not even looking for the kid. He is adding UC to top 8 and pinning tweets that UC offered and yet mick isn’t even going out to see him.

Martin and his fam have more allegiance to Huggins than they do UC.

He ain’t his dad so I’m too concerned on missing him
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #64
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Only Mick would not recruit the son of a UC legend b/c of drama so he could potentially go to a conference foe (Memphis and Penny)

Question, were Lawrence's dad and handlers hard to get along with? He was recruited and signed

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 08-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #65
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Only Mick would not recruit the son of a UC legend b/c of drama so he could potentially go to a conference foe (Memphis and Penny)

Question, were Lawrence's dad and handlers hard to get along with? He was recruited and signed
No one knows why. That was only assumptions on my part.

This is completely different than Jermaine Lawrence situation.

Kenyon isn't the smartest person in the world. Zero chance he doesn't publicly run his mouth if his kid isn't getting 30 minutes a game his first year.

And who says the kid really wants to even come to UC?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #66
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
No one knows why. That was only assumptions on my part.

This is completely different than Jermaine Lawrence situation.

Kenyon isn't the smartest person in the world. Zero chance he doesn't publicly run his mouth if his kid isn't getting 30 minutes a game his first year.

And who says the kid really wants to even come to UC?
Well, he did publicly list UC as in his top 8 on social media

Kenyon running his mouth is an assumption, do you think that Steve Alford was worried about the Ball's dad or his job when he got Lonzo? Besides this is another assumption that cannot be proven. Lawrence's handlers and family were demanding his position and playing time, the only difference is that he is not son of a legend, which is a big one.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #67
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Well, he did publicly list UC as in his top 8 on social media

Kenyon running his mouth is an assumption, do you think that Steve Alford was worried about the Ball's dad or his job when he got Lonzo? Besides this is another assumption that cannot be proven. Lawrence's handlers and family were demanding his position and playing time, the only difference is that he is not son of a legend, which is a big one.
Lawrence was a 5 star, Kenyon jr ain’t even top 100

Kids put schools in there top 8 all the time that they have zero intentions on going to.

I mean a lot of these top 8’s are really just 2-3 schools and the others get named as a nod to being on them early, a connection to the coach or whatever.

Seemed funny too that he initially announced it was going to be a top 7 then when it’s released it’s a top 8 with UC the last graphic.

I’m not a fan of kenyons comments after we lost to Nevada. He could never show up around UC and I wouldn’t care.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #68
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Lawrence was a 5 star, Kenyon jr ain’t even top 100

Kids put schools in there top 8 all the time that they have zero intentions on going to.

I mean a lot of these top 8’s are really just 2-3 schools and the others get named as a nod to being on them early, a connection to the coach or whatever.

Seemed funny too that he initially announced it was going to be a top 7 then when it’s released it’s a top 8 with UC the last graphic.

I’m not a fan of kenyons comments after we lost to Nevada. He could never show up around UC and I wouldn’t care.
Lawrence was a 5*, but according to Cronin, he doesn't pay attention to recruiting rankings so why does it matter?

That is reading a lot into a tweet from an 18 year old. How do you know that UC was last, they weren't numbered, an assumption as well? Did he tell you after tweeting that he has no interest in UC as well, or is this another assumption?

I want Kenyon around, I want him to support UC and would be nice if he did financially like other alums (Urban) The players look up to him and liked when he came to practice last year before AAC tournament. It is about the program and tradition, one thing thing that Cronin does care about bringing back past players and coaches as often as he can

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 08-13-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #69
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lawrence was a 5*, but according to Cronin, he doesn't pay attention to recruiting rankings so why does it matter?

That is reading a lot into a tweet from an 18 year old. How do you know that UC was last, they weren't numbered, an assumption as well? Did he tell you after tweeting that he has no interest in UC as well, or is this another assumption?

I want Kenyon around, I want him to support UC and would be nice if he did financially like other alums (Urban) The players look up to him and liked when he came to practice last year before AAC tournament. It is about the program and tradition, one thing thing that Cronin does care about bringing back past players and coaches as often as he can
Dude you have no clue on the situation with Kenyon Martin Jr. I’d be willing to bet The kid doesn’t want to come here and his dad doesnt not want him here to play for Cronin it’s that simple. Cronins not losing sleep over it

Cronin cares about talent not rankings. If someone’s a 5 Star most likely they are the real deal and it doesn’t take 5 stars next to their name for coaches to realize it. Cronin would take those kids in a heart beat he’s admitted that in an interview last year but he knows they aren’t coming here. That’s for another debate then is it time to move on and get a Penny Hardway type coach for recruiting.

If you don’t understand a coach saying he doesn’t care about rankings when you get kids like Trevor, Eli, etc., when they fit in great and obviously can compete then I don’t know what else to tell you. Don’t be foolish and criticize him if he sees diamonds in roughs and doesn’t sit there and go on rivals.com and just recruit every top 100 kid.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-13-2018 at 05:26 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #70
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

People want to act like they know about recruiting because CB stated that KMJr was 100% not coming to UC. If Brendel never said that people would think that UC had a legitamate shot to get him after tweet yesterday, no reason to think otherwise, nothing has been stated publicly by him saying not interested in UC.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 08-13-2018 at 05:54 PM.