Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #91
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
This is probably the best possible situation for Cronin to leave. He went to a blue blood that nobody can blame him for taking. We only have one recruit and he is local. We have a brand new arena and strong returning class.

The key is to hold the current roster together and nail the 2020 class. That needs to be our top priority when looking for a coach.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #92
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
This is probably the best possible situation for Cronin to leave. He went to a blue blood that nobody can blame him for taking. We only have one recruit and he is local. We have a brand new arena and strong returning class.

The key is to hold the current roster together and nail the 2020 class. That needs to be our top priority when looking for a coach.
Not to mention there is a wealth of talent in the transfer portal.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #93
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Any chance Jarron's cousins transfers in for a 1 year grad transfer, play immediately?

17.2ppg. 85 percent ft. 40 percent 3pt.

Sign. Me up.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #94
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Any chance Jarron's cousins transfers in for a 1 year grad transfer, play immediately?

17.2ppg. 85 percent ft. 40 percent 3pt.

Sign. Me up.
Maybe if we hire the right guy. I can't imagine he'd plan on transferring here until he knows who the head coach will be. Unless him and Jarron had a discussion...
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #95
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
Maybe if we hire the right guy. I can't imagine he'd plan on transferring here until he knows who the head coach will be. Unless him and Jarron had a discussion...
Jarron needs to get on the phone right now then lol.

Sounds like a great great great snag.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #96
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Looks like Fredricks will be the first to transfer. Not to upset about this one. He would be fighting for minutes with only a year of eligibility left. Good luck elsewhere.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #97
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Looks like Fredricks will be the first to transfer. Not to upset about this one. He would be fighting for minutes with only a year of eligibility left. Good luck elsewhere.
Not a gigantic loss. Opens up another scholarship and hopefully the new coach can bring in new, more talented guys to fill those open spots. The one i definitely don't want to see transfer is Logan Johnson.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #98
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I wish things had worked out differently for Fredricks. It shocked me how bad his shot looked based on the praise Cronin had given before the season. I know his job was to hustle on defense and rebound, but we need more scoring talent on the floor and that kid just looked overwhelmed.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #99
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I wonder where he is going. Surprised he didn’t stick around to see who will be the coach. Makes me wonder if he was going to transfer anyway. Didn’t get many minutes anyway.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #100
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
I wish things had worked out differently for Fredricks. It shocked me how bad his shot looked based on the praise Cronin had given before the season. I know his job was to hustle on defense and rebound, but we need more scoring talent on the floor and that kid just looked overwhelmed.
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.