Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #211
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Good luck to Nas, wish him the best. It seems he took his time deciding to enter the transfer portal and has probably made up his mind to leave.

I really hope we can retain Cumberland, Lojo, and Curtis. If Cland, Curtis, and Lojo leave we will literally have nobody to bring the ball up the court.
Sam Martin baby
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #212
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Okay, Brooks' name is listed on the website now.

I sure hope he knows what he's doing. I've heard people say he'd be eligible immediately, but as far as I know he'd have to sit for a year.

I see few avenues to him playing on a better team next season than what's available to him at UC.

He would have to file with the NCAA to play immediately, and those rarely get passed through.

Jarron - needs to decide if he wants money now or an all time great legacy. Not really sure his senior year adjusts his draft stock any. But surely effects going down as an all time great at UC.

Logan - would have to sit out a year. Could potentially help his game as he's a late bloomer. Could understand his transfer thoughts. But man o man would this one sting. And I surely think. brannens style will play right into logans strengths. Really hope he stays.

Samari - obviously crucial for brannen to continue to recruit him. Zero staff that recruited him are here. Completely understood if he wanted to re open his options.

Nysier - makes completely no sense to transfer. Just none. Sit out an extra year. He's already an "older" senior. Play under a new coach with a new team for one season or play with your team under a new coach. Mind boggling decision there. Truly is.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #213
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
I think Diarra has a very good chance at being a very good player in Brannen's system. So if Brooks does end up leaving I'm excited to see how much Diarra develops. Either way Diarra or Nsoseme will be coming off the bench, and they'll be major contributors going forward into next year and the following years. Also I think Moore will be much more likely to succeed under Brannen's system as well.

If Logan Johnson transfers he was never going to be the best point guard in the conference next year. He might've the following years. I think Cumberland would bring the ball up almost as much if not more than him. I'm sure there are a few transfers that would love to have the chance to play for The University of Cincinnati, and would be more than happy running the point in Brannen's system.

I'm excited to see what the team looks like next year, and I think their chemistry with each other will be very important. I'm excited for next year and seeing how everything develops.
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #214
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I don't care if Johnson won't be the best next season. He looks to be a great contributor and competitor. It's all part of the process. I hope he stays. He has a chance to really make his mark here.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #215
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I certainly agree about waiting and seeing and that Brannen needs more time than a week

However - it's pretty crazy to think LoJo doesn;t fit brannens system or that we are better off with him. We most certainly are. And if brannen couldn't work a system to make LoJo thrive? Well then brannen is the one with the problem. Thankfully I think you are wrong and LoJo would thrive (and develop) in Brannen's system.
Considering how little Cronin played lojo might have transferred anyway
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #216
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
He would have to file with the NCAA to play immediately, and those rarely get passed through.

Jarron - needs to decide if he wants money now or an all time great legacy. Not really sure his senior year adjusts his draft stock any. But surely effects going down as an all time great at UC.

Logan - would have to sit out a year. Could potentially help his game as he's a late bloomer. Could understand his transfer thoughts. But man o man would this one sting. And I surely think. brannens style will play right into logans strengths. Really hope he stays.

Samari - obviously crucial for brannen to continue to recruit him. Zero staff that recruited him are here. Completely understood if he wanted to re open his options.

Nysier - makes completely no sense to transfer. Just none. Sit out an extra year. He's already an "older" senior. Play under a new coach with a new team for one season or play with your team under a new coach. Mind boggling decision there. Truly is.

Jarron- Id leave, take my chances, does nothing by coming back other than setting records here. He wants to be a pro, even if he’s not drafted, he will get his shot either in the G league or over seas somewhere. In the eyes of pro basketball 22-23 is old. Go make your money while you can. ( l hope he stays as a fan)

Lojo- I can understand why he’d want to leave, mick was a defensive guy and Logan’s a defensive player and Cincinnati is a hell of a long way away from California where he’s from, so if he want to transfer closer to home so be it. (Inset Sam Martin and let’s ride..... kidding)

Brooks- yes I am kind of surprised by this and I think he is butt hurt about mick leaving but him and mick did have a very close relationship so I understand. If he didn’t have to sit out then I would possibly agree with the transfer, but if he has to sit out I know he could use that year to get better. But i was shocked to see this. But again brooks is a defensive guy who would be nice to have next year but I think he might be out of place in JB offense. (Think Quadri Moore a year of eligibility left? Haha)

Samri- I saw this coming from a mile away. Kid decommited from X when Mack left so I fully expected him to leave when Cronin left. No hard feelings. Yes he scored a lot of points for Xenia and that’s great, but that team was not very good, they went 13-11, so yes Samari scores a lot of points be he also took over 40% of the teams shots. Something he would not do here. I wish he stayed but so be it.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #217
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Sounds like we could be in for a bumpy ride.

Start looking for a PG transfer and a wing and sign them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #218
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I am already coming at from the stand point, wasn't a big fan of the hire because I thought it was just too comfortable and easy for both parties. I also don't have a ton of faith in Brannen's recruiting ability. He is a very good X and O coach with subpar talent, which is fine in the Horizon. All I am saying is, he better have a damn good backup plan and be able to recruit at a decently high level OR we are looking at a middle of the pack team in the American every season. Everyone may think I am being harsh or over dramatic, but that is the absolute reality of the situation.
The guy has been here one week and we are already calling him a failure? Unreal take.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #219
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
It's early and I may be overreacting here, but what little faith I had in Brannen is just about gone. I have this sneaky suspicion we better get used to the type of player he recruited at NKU. The 2 star at best, gritty, not huge amount of raw talent type player. If so, this fan base is going to lose their patience at an alarming rate.
We are blaming Brannen for kids leaving? Mick left, Brannen has been here a week, and we are blaming him for kids transferring? If you don’t like the hire, fine. Whatever. But don’t blame him for kids transferring and maybe give him a chance. More than a week. He could be a great recruiter and kids would still transfer. It’s a weird situation. They don’t know him at all. Can’t blame them for wanting to transfer
Old 04-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #220
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Well losing Samari and LoJo definitely counts against him, that definitely doesn't deserve a free pass.
How does that count against him? The first time he talked to either was probably a week ago