Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #131
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
I am fed up with people dissing a players offensive skills who has sat on the bench all year. Have you seen his high school films? Did you know he is right handed and shoots left? You don’t have a clue what your talking about.
Yes. Yes I do. Now go away loser
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #132
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Why would it be. Cries about lack of respect but never earns any in the tourney.
Ha, That's exactly what it's about.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #133
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Yes. Yes I do. Now go away loser
You base your conclusions about me on as solid ground as you dismiss LoJo.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #134
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
You base your conclusions about me on as solid ground as you dismiss LoJo.
No. I've seen the kid shoot the basketball.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #135
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
It was always going to be tough with the way we defend against 3 point shots. It's a weakness and Mick must find a way to change his defense for the way the game is played now. I can't remember any 3's Iowa made that were actually contested. They were all standing wide open.

We shot 22% from 3 and only grabbed 31.6% of our misses (averaged over 37% offensive rebound % on the year.)

We just got out played. They went to that trap and we had nothing.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #136
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I can't remember any 3's Iowa made that were actually contested. They were all standing wide open.
Hmm, I didn't see it that way. I remember quite a few with a hand in the face, and the pull-up Bohannon made was from 25+ ft. They had some wide open ones to be sure, but I don't think it was any more than we had.

I still think Scott is a terrible defender on the perimeter. He has to be better next year. He has the talent, he just doesn't anticipate well.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #137
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
It was always going to be tough with the way we defend against 3 point shots. It's a weakness and Mick must find a way to change his defense for the way the game is played now. I can't remember any 3's Iowa made that were actually contested. They were all standing wide open.

We shot 22% from 3 and only grabbed 31.6% of our misses (averaged over 37% offensive rebound % on the year.)

We just got out played. They went to that trap and we had nothing.
Mick is too cocky to change the way they play defense. He thinks he is the greatest coach around and can’t get win a game in March.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #138
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Hmm, I didn't see it that way. I remember quite a few with a hand in the face, and the pull-up Bohannon made was from 25+ ft. They had some wide open ones to be sure, but I don't think it was any more than we had.

I still think Scott is a terrible defender on the perimeter. He has to be better next year. He has the talent, he just doesn't anticipate well.

Yeah the one Bohannon hit was a tough one. But the rest were pretty wide open shots, and if we did get a hand up it was a late close out.

The open ones we got were for Broome and Moore mostly. Jenifer got some and hit them. Garza going 2-3 was unfortunate but I feel like Wieskamp got to take some pretty easy ones. Jarron didn't get many good looks at all.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #139
cincrulz11
Epic Member

This just in we were just unlucky to have to play the powerhouse that is Iowa. At least thats how mick sees it.

How about we just say we didn't play well, they were the better team and go home. We don't always have to play the disrespected/screwed team. Thats tired and old. We'll get respect when we win in March, thats how it works.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #140
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
No. I've seen the kid shoot the basketball.
Not sure what you are talking about but If there was one way to shoot basketball would be a pretty simple game. We have had a lot of players score a lot of points who have “bad” shots and vice versa. I don’t think you know squat about what a player is like until you put him in the game. If you question this, I refer you to Moore, the purest shooter ever recruited by Mick.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote