Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #181
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Is it being an ass when its the truth? Id say no. But then again im an ass
I hope you aren't serious.

As for Stewart, there could be plenty of other reasons he chose USC. For his uncle to make a statement like that on a public forum makes his uncle look like a complete ass.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #182
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Your post is so ridiculous and over the top. So does everyone also have to wait until January to say they are excited about the recruits?

Just because people are disappointed in the recruits doesn't mean they think they are smarter than Cronin or are UC haters. Stop being so touchy.
I agree. It's not unfair to say this spring hasn't gone well. I'll defend the class overall, the other new guys, or the outlook next year in general...but as for this spring? Nah.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #183
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I hope you aren't serious.

As for Stewart, there could be plenty of other reasons he chose USC. For his uncle to make a statement like that on a public forum makes his uncle look like a complete ass.
Agreed. I mean, I agree with what his uncle believes, but that's incredibly rude to post that online. I'm sure Elijah's seen it and it pissed him off. He really didn't have any right.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #184
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Agreed. I mean, I agree with what his uncle believes, but that's incredibly rude to post that online. I'm sure Elijah's seen it and it pissed him off. He really didn't have any right.
I'm sure his uncle has been telling him that all along the way... But still I agree, it seems very petty.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #185
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

This is an example imo of why we desperately need upgraded facilities. We have to blow these kids away on their visit. The players and family members always seem very comfortable with our coaching staff, but it'd be nice if they came on their visit and we had more to offer. That seems to be the main thing imo that is stopping us from sealing the deal on a lot of these kids. We have to give them a big reason to leave home. Especially a guy like Stewart in California. Seems like lately we've been expanding recruiting to more of the full national scene, rather than just a few regions. I know we've all talked about the facilities, and it's all part of the plan, but I think Stewart is someone you could point to when making your case.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #186
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This is an example imo of why we desperately need upgraded facilities. We have to blow these kids away on their visit. The players and family members always seem very comfortable with our coaching staff, but it'd be nice if they came on their visit and we had more to offer. That seems to be the main thing imo that is stopping us from sealing the deal on a lot of these kids. We have to give them a big reason to leave home. Especially a guy like Stewart in California. Seems like lately we've been expanding recruiting to more of the full national scene, rather than just a few regions. I know we've all talked about the facilities, and it's all part of the plan, but I think Stewart is someone you could point to when making your case.
We all agree we need new facilities, but I don't know how you point to this as an example when we have no idea why he chose USC.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #187
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
We all agree we need new facilities, but I don't know how you point to this as an example when we have no idea why he chose USC.
I guess I'm just a little frustrated bc I was hoping we wouldn't give back all the momentum of this successful season. I was hoping after a 4th straight tourney and 2 scholarships in the spring to give, we could reload rather than rebuild. Seems now that some are questioning whether we'll even make the tourney next year or not (I think we definitely will). Based on that Tweet from his own uncle, I'd say they were well aware of which program was better between us and USC. And I just can't imagine someone choosing USC when any other top 15 program is offering.
I just think at the end of the day it's hard to expect to win these recruiting battles. Even though we had him on a visit, there was not an optimistic feeling that we'd get him. Mick's recruiting reputation has even been called into question by some recently, but I just don't know what more he can do with the ssituation as is. So yeah, I chalk up losing Stewart to not being able to blow him away with our facilities. Or at least I think it was a factor in us not closing the deal.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #188
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Two assistant coaches at USC graduated from the high school Stewart went to and are obviously tight with the head coach. It was always going to be nearly impossible to get him out of LA. Once he visited the second time since opening things up it was a wrap...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #189
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Two assistant coaches at USC graduated from the high school Stewart went to and are obviously tight with the head coach. It was always going to be nearly impossible to get him out of LA. Once he visited the second time since opening things up it was a wrap...
I tried to break down that exact fact to the delusional guys on this board but it is a lost cause at this point...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #190
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Chad had you heard anything of UC telling him he was going to redshirt? Could that have had something to do with it? I heard on pretty good authority that was the plan with him and they weren't hiding it.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote