Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #21
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
#2 seed is better for the fans from a viewing perspective i believe. #2 seed gets the evening games.

How do things look if we lose tomorrow? How low can we drop?
Even if we lost out, I don't think there's any scenario where we get worse than a 4 seed.

If we win just one of our remaining games, then we lock in at least a 3 seed.

Last edited by Queens_NYC; 03-02-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #22
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Seems to me after last nights win, we are locked in for either a 2 or 3 seed.

I’m honestly not sure what scenario I want the most. But I think I’d like to secure the 2 seed, and have WSU secure the 3 seed. While Tulsa loses out to finish the season.

I think doing so puts UC on the same side of the bracket as WSU who is a 2nd game tier 1 opportunity and then likely another tier 1 opportunity with Houston.

If it’s Tulsa, we likely are stuck with a tier 2 opportunity.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #23
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I’m honestly not sure what scenario I want the most. But I think I’d like to secure the 2 seed, and have WSU secure the 3 seed. While Tulsa loses out to finish the season.

I think doing so puts UC on the same side of the bracket as WSU who is a 2nd game tier 1 opportunity and then likely another tier 1 opportunity with Houston.

I see your point about wanting another tier 1 game, but I think we need to stack 2 wins next week. So whoever we have a better chance of beating is who I want to play. If that means Tulsa potentially in the semis, I would rather have them. 22 wins and playing on selection Sunday might be enough for an at-large.
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #24
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I'd rather extend the season with a win over Tulsa than try to best Wichita St. a third time in the season.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #25
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
I'd rather extend the season with a win over Tulsa than try to best Wichita St. a third time in the season.
I just think we are better than WSU right now.

And its mostly because we take advantage of their intense defense and draw fouls.

And we have 3 veteran players that they just don't have. I think WSU is a year away from being really frickin good.

But today they are too young.

With Tulsa, Sure we kicked their ass at home. But we aren't playing at home and we aren't playing at that high level any more. I think their Matchup Zone will give us problems if we aren't shooting well.

Tulsa just doesn't foul a ton, They are #75 in Defensive FTA/FGA.
WSU fouls a crap ton and they are #298 in that category.

I think thats why we are 2-0 against them

Add in that Tulsa has beaten Houston, Memphis by 40, UCONN on the road.
WSU is 0-2 vs UC and Houston, they beat Memphis at home and the beat uconn on the road. But other than that, Tulsa has wins against the top teams minus us and we didn't play in their gym.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 03-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If jarron is at least 75% we are better than every team, except Houston. Jarron makes the difference. He’s that good. If he is what he has been for the last month, it’s going to be hard. It’s really that easy
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #27
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
It's just too difficult to beat a team 3 times in a year no matter how much better you are. Houston was far better than us last season and all it took was a Jarron Cumberland extravaganza to knock them off after a third chance...and that was only a week after they destroyed us on our senior night...
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #28
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Wichita State can't get any higher than a 4 seed since they'd lose tie breakers to Tulsa (record vs Houston), Houston (head to head), and us (head to head) so we're almost guaranteed to end up opposite them unless Memphis beats Houston and we get the 1 seed (or Wichita loses out and other games go against them to drop their seed to a 6 or lower).

Last edited by Queens_NYC; 03-04-2020 at 04:45 PM.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #29
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
It's just too difficult to beat a team 3 times in a year no matter how much better you are. Houston was far better than us last season and all it took was a Jarron Cumberland extravaganza to knock them off after a third chance...and that was only a week after they destroyed us on our senior night...
SMU had no problems beating us 3 times in a row a couple years ago. I think when the teams are neck and neck, sure it's difficult. But usually there is a reason a team has won twice in a row already and it's because they are the better team.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #30
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
SMU had no problems beating us 3 times in a row a couple years ago. I think when the teams are neck and neck, sure it's difficult. But usually there is a reason a team has won twice in a row already and it's because they are the better team.
We beat them at home that year
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote