Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #111
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
I saw this on a Georgetown forum. It sounds like their offer might be too late. I like the fact that White gives a nod to the schools that have been recruiting him for the long haul.

Quote:
From Rivals:

White's most recent offer came from Georgetown, The Hoyas were a finalist for five-star small forward T.J. Warren, but when he opted for North Carolina State, Georgetown turned its attention to White.

"Coach John Thompson and his staff from Georgetown came to my game on Friday," said White. "I talked to Coach Thompson later that night on the phone and he offered me a scholarship. We couldn't talk to each other in person at the game, but we had a nice talk on the phone afterwards.

"Georgetown, you know, they're kind of late getting involved in my recruitment," he added. "I've got a lot of great schools on my list that have been recruiting me for a long time, so that's something I've got to consider. Georgetown wants me to come for a visit, which would be my last visit, but I don't know if that's going to happen."
http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index...y&thread=22821
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #112
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Coach Dooley from Kansas was also in attendance for that game. White said he has eliminated any schools from his list but he definitely has high interest in the Jayhawks.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 11-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #113
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Kansas and UC seem to be the leaders according to Chad Brendel. You never know until its official with recruiting though.

I say this because BCL is free for the rest of the year.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #114
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
Kansas and UC seem to be the leaders according to Chad Brendel. You never know until its official with recruiting though.

Well Kansas is definitely the leader, however considering the credibility of BCL I'd say UC is probably in the mix but doubt the claim they are one of the leaders.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #115
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Well Kansas is definitely the leader, however considering the credibility of BCL I'd say UC is probably in the mix but doubt the claim they are one of the leaders.
I would say UC is in the mix. The way the kid has kept this so close to his vest I don't know that anyone knows for sure, but he has said he has very high interest in Kansas and this is the only school I have actually seen a quote about to that degree. He has said UC is definitely in the mix.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #116
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post

im pretty sure chad never said UC and KU are the leaders. he has only said UC is in the mix. in fact, when one person suggested that UC was a leader, he said that that is not what he had heard. one paying member on the site said he was a leader, not chad.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #117
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
im pretty sure chad never said UC and KU are the leaders. he has only said UC is in the mix. in fact, when one person suggested that UC was a leader, he said that that is not what he had heard. one paying member on the site said he was a leader, not chad.
I agree with dp on this.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #118
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kingdog was paraphrasing but Chad most definitely said that it looked to be between UC and Kansas.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #119
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Quote:
This is Chad's quote:

Quote:
I talked to a source last night that said they expected it to be over by this time next week. At this point he does not have any visits set up between now and then but taking one this weekend is not out of the mix. Everything points to UC or Kansas from what I know.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #120
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Its possible Chad has read the situation wrong. But he is usually pretty conservative with the information he puts out there from my perspective.