Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Asamoah-46036146

@b_moah211
Blessed to say I have received my 11th Scholarship offer & first American Athletic Conference, from the University of Cincinnati. #Bearcats https://t.co/nqgxpBZo14
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #22
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if anyone follows him but Malik Vann has been tweeting a lot more about UC since Fickell's hire and since he's started to really recruit Cincy guys. Here's his most recent tweet: http://imgur.com/gallery/iPJ37
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #23
Bearcat2121

Bearcat2121 is on a distinguished road
I hope kids locally start to stay home so we can build something here in Cincinnati! I've been saying this for the past 5 years now to friends and family and fellow Bearcat fans!
Bearcat2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #24
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat2121 View Post
I hope kids locally start to stay home so we can build something here in Cincinnati! I've been saying this for the past 5 years now to friends and family and fellow Bearcat fans!
The culture has changed dramatically. My Dad is on the coaching staff at lasalle HS. He says that his players never really connected with UC and TT. They feel the change and his players are actually excited to hear from LF and his staff. Let's hope the on field product catches up with the off-field excitement sooner than later.
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #25
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbacker82 View Post
The culture has changed dramatically. My Dad is on the coaching staff at lasalle HS. He says that his players never really connected with UC and TT. They feel the change and his players are actually excited to hear from LF and his staff. Let's hope the on field product catches up with the off-field excitement sooner than later.
Similarly, as an Elder guy, Peyton Ramsey was our stud in the past few seasons. Coach Ramsey said Tubs never talked to him, just simply offered him a scholarship. He ended up at Indiana.

A story from a recent player said Tubs pretty openly said he rather try for the speedsters from the south and seemingly ignore the "slow" midwestern players in the area. Obviously that worked when he was at Auburn, different story here.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:55 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@BearcatJournal
As of now according to 247 the #1, 8, 12, 17, 25, and 28th ranked players in Ohio for the 2018 class will be at the game tomorrow night
Old 01-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #27
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@BearcatJournal
As of now according to 247 the #1, 8, 12, 17, 25, and 28th ranked players in Ohio for the 2018 class will be at the game tomorrow night
Wow! Quite a change from TT. The energy Fickell has restored to the football program has been amazing. Recruiting is the life blood of any program. So far, it appears Fickell is pulling the right levers.

Time will tell, but he appears to be a nice hire.

I would have renewed my season tickets next year anyway, but I wasn't too enthused about the prospect of watching us get our brains beat in again. Now I'm jazzed about seeing how much improvement we can make.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
Wow! Quite a change from TT. The energy Fickell has restored to the football program has been amazing. Recruiting is the life blood of any program. So far, it appears Fickell is pulling the right levers.

Time will tell, but he appears to be a nice hire.

I would have renewed my season tickets next year anyway, but I wasn't too enthused about the prospect of watching us get our brains beat in again. Now I'm jazzed about seeing how much improvement we can make.
It's amazing what a passionate coach can accomplish, and in such a short time. BCJ usually Retweets the players talking up UC and it's amazing how excited they all are. Even the #1 OT in the 2018 class will be at the game. He's like the #8 overall player. Incredible.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #29
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's amazing what a passionate coach can accomplish, and in such a short time. BCJ usually Retweets the players talking up UC and it's amazing how excited they all are. Even the #1 OT in the 2018 class will be at the game. He's like the #8 overall player. Incredible.
I saw that, Jackson Carman. What an offer list! I'm sure we have no chance to land him, but the mere fact he's coming to a UC event and interacting with our other potential recruits can only help reinforce in their minds that UC is a destination worth considering.

Couldn't be more pleased with what's happening with the football program.

Now, we just need to win the game Thursday.

I'm optimistic! Cannot wait!

Go Cats!!!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #30
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
I saw that, Jackson Carman. What an offer list! I'm sure we have no chance to land him, but the mere fact he's coming to a UC event and interacting with our other potential recruits can only help reinforce in their minds that UC is a destination worth considering.

Couldn't be more pleased with what's happening with the football program.

Now, we just need to win the game Thursday.

I'm optimistic! Cannot wait!

Go Cats!!!
Just the fact that he is considering going to an UC event is big. That didn't happen under CTT.