Old 01-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Tulsa

Cincinnati Vs. Tulsa
Thursday at 7PM
ESPN 2

This somehow just became a must win lol. Coming into this year I figured we might drop a few that we normally don't like a game @ Tulsa. Now it's a feeling of we better win this game after our performance against ECU.

Side Note: We are all huge Ole Miss fans tonight.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Tulsa is one of the toughest teams in the league to play on the road. They haven't lost at home since January 13, 2018.

During our last visit there two seasons ago, we needed a Troy Caupain jumper in the final seconds to eek out a 57-55 win.

Tulsa like ECU, doesn't have a lot of size but their front court players Igbanu and especially Jeffries are going to give our guys all they can handle.

We're much more talented than them at the guard positions as I think they're the only team in the league that doesn't have a guard/wing player averaging double digit scoring.

I think we're going to be in for another rock fight and I don't think there can be a win too ugly for us tomorrow.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Tulsa is one of the toughest teams in the league to play on the road. They haven't lost at home since January 13, 2018.

During our last visit there two seasons ago, we needed a Troy Caupain jumper in the final seconds to eek out a 57-55 win.

Tulsa like ECU, doesn't have a lot of size but their front court players Igbanu and especially Jeffries are going to give our guys all they can handle.

We're much more talented than them at the guard positions as I think they're the only team in the league that doesn't have a guard/wing player averaging double digit scoring.

I think we're going to be in for another rock fight and I don't think there can be a win too ugly for us tomorrow.
I agree a lot with that last part about ugly wins. I don’t think any road game from here on out I wouldn’t take a 1 point win.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

We are 12 of 59 from three in our losses for about 20%. I think it goes without saying our chances on the road in conference improve dramatically if we can knock down 1 of 3 from deep.

Interesting note is that Fredericks is 7-15 since the first 4 games where he was 0-7.

Moore is 2 for his last 11 so he hasn't fixed anything. Cane is 0 for his last 14 covering his last 8 games. Scott hasn't made one since the 3rd game. Williams is 0 for his last 6 and banked 2 in against UCLA. Johnson hasn't attempted one in 6 games or made one in his last 7 games.

I don't think we can expect Cumberland and Jenifer to hold their lofty % so we need someone to pick up the slack in a hurry.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
This game will tell us a lot about our team.

Hoping for a bounce back.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
A week ago I would have penciled this in as win. Thought they might struggle, but would still pull it out. Now, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose and wouldn't be surprised if they win comfortably. But likely it will be a nail biter decided in the last couple of minutes. Hoping for a much better shooting effort than the last time. Threes not falling are one thing, but free throws are a whole different matter.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #7
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We are 12 of 59 from three in our losses for about 20%. I think it goes without saying our chances on the road in conference improve dramatically if we can knock down 1 of 3 from deep.

Interesting note is that Fredericks is 7-15 since the first 4 games where he was 0-7.

Moore is 2 for his last 11 so he hasn't fixed anything. Cane is 0 for his last 14 covering his last 8 games. Scott hasn't made one since the 3rd game. Williams is 0 for his last 6 and banked 2 in against UCLA. Johnson hasn't attempted one in 6 games or made one in his last 7 games.

I don't think we can expect Cumberland and Jenifer to hold their lofty % so we need someone to pick up the slack in a hurry.
Wow that is eye opening with the 3 ball. Guys gotta start knocking down shots. Good for Fredericks.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #8
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
We are -7. That's a crazy line. Makes me think we win by more than 7. Line should be a Pk or is +-1
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post
A week ago I would have penciled this in as win. Thought they might struggle, but would still pull it out. Now, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose and wouldn't be surprised if they win comfortably. But likely it will be a nail biter decided in the last couple of minutes. Hoping for a much better shooting effort than the last time. Threes not falling are one thing, but free throws are a whole different matter.
On the season our FT's would tie for first as far as a % in the Cronin era. Our 3% is 2nd but Cumberland and Jenifer are carrying the team in 3%. I am not as worried about the FT's...we will have some games like that here and there.

The 3's scare me because our supporting cast sucks so far and I would expect Jenifer and Cumberland to cool a bit over time.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
We are -7. That's a crazy line. Makes me think we win by more than 7. Line should be a Pk or is +-1
Yah that seems like a crazy line and I expect a tighter game unless we can take the crowd out early