Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-14-2021, 11:13 AM   #111
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I agree with pretty much all of this except starting Ody. Ody has shown some interior scoring and offensive rebounding ability, but he has been horrible at boxing out and communicating on defense. I'd say Saunders, DDJ, Newman, Vik and Ado (5 of our 6 best players, with JD being the first guy off the bench). It does lead to the issue of where does scoring come from when starters are on the bench, but if you play the starters 30+ minutes (if they can take it), that may not matter too much.

Minutes wise would be
Saunders 30/MAW 10
DDJ 30/McGinnis (or MAW) 10
Newman 25/Davenport 15
Vik 20/Davenport 10/Hensley 10
Ado 20/Vik 10/Ody 10
I would agree Ado/Ody and JD/Newman are somewhat interchangeable parts. It depends on the matchup or what we need in the game offense or D. Ody can probably step out and guard the perimeter better (as well as score more) and Ado can guard the rim/paint better. JD can shoot and Newman can defend.

I think we need Ody to learn fast. Whatever he is not good at Wes needs to coach him up. Boxing out or communication is teachable.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote