Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Get jarron healthy and then ride him til his Bunion falls off
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #502
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Not a pretty win, but a win. Vogt dominated a team he should dominate on the interior, though he left some to be desired in offensive rebounding - partially just because we didn't miss many shots.

We got a lot of time and opportunity for our younger players. Maw flashed some ability at PG. At this point I don't care who plays PG as long as it's not McNeal.

The TO's were bad, Williams was the only starter without 4 of them.

Williams finally rebounded well. With his size and athleticism he should be doing that every night. Zach Harvey racked up 4 assists, one of only 3 players on the team with a positive assist to TO ratio and the only one of those 3 with >1 assist (the other two were Diarra and Davenport).

Speaking of Diarra, he played well when he was in the game.

Hard to be too happy with needing to scrape out an OT win against Valpo. But considering Jarron was out, we got the young players experience and Brannen seems to have realized that McNeal doesn't belong on the court. I'm relatively happy with it.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #503
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Not a pretty win, but a win. Vogt dominated a team he should dominate on the interior, though he left some to be desired in offensive rebounding - partially just because we didn't miss many shots.

We got a lot of time and opportunity for our younger players. Maw flashed some ability at PG. At this point I don't care who plays PG as long as it's not McNeal.

The TO's were bad, Williams was the only starter without 4 of them.

Williams finally rebounded well. With his size and athleticism he should be doing that every night. Zach Harvey racked up 4 assists, one of only 3 players on the team with a positive assist to TO ratio and the only one of those 3 with >1 assist (the other two were Diarra and Davenport).

Speaking of Diarra, he played well when he was in the game.

Hard to be too happy with needing to scrape out an OT win against Valpo. But considering Jarron was out, we got the young players experience and Brannen seems to have realized that McNeal doesn't belong on the court. I'm relatively happy with it.
Harvey will end up our point guard eventually. He has great size and vision. Need to get him minutes
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #504
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Average 17 TO a game so far, and 19 over the last 4
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:12 PM   #505
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Imagine if we cleaned that up and started giving someone else mcneal's minutes. Might be a top 50 team. Get Jarron back, and could at least be a watchable season.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #506
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post

and its everybody. 4 different guys had 4 tonight.

who do you even do with that. they are all sloppy, thoughtless passes.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #507
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Harvey will end up our point guard eventually. He has great size and vision. Need to get him minutes
I like Harvey's size and vision. But I don't see him playing PG this year. He is too foul happy on defense, doesn't rebound well and doesn't shoot well. I could definitely see him playing PG (and Maw SG) next year though.

Especially once Jarron comes back, it makes the most sense to have the PG be someone who is a threat to score from three. Maw can hit threes, McNeal and Harvey can't.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #508
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Vogt killing it. I know people are worried about him playing against better competition but we play in the American, not the ACC. He should be able to help in a lot of games this year,
Old 11-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #509
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vogt killing it. I know people are worried about him playing against better competition but we play in the American, not the ACC. He should be able to help in a lot of games this year,

Vogt has been the best offensive player on the team this year. 13 and 7 a game on over 70% shooting.

I can't even think about how bad we'd be without him.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #510
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Beating up on teams who have no one within 50 pounds of you is a lot easier than playing well against teams with actual bigs. Vogt has showed he can do the former, but so far he hasn't done the latter.