Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #891
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Lol why you alway wanting to get banned or get people banned?
Haha I didnt realize I did, but now that you mention it, I have no idea.
Thatd be a fun bet though.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #892
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
We will figure out some bet forsure
NICE and FRIENDLY lol
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #893
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
We will figure out some bet forsure
NICE and FRIENDLY lol
Who ever loses has to change their member name for one season to Cobb Bearcatboy or Johnson JacobDoyle and you guys need to figure out who is the underdog and the spread. HAHA
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #894
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
I'd have to take Doyle's Side on this one. I think bearcatboy is way off base assuming Cobb is going to come in and take KJ's minutes. Just to reiterate what's already been said, KJ didn't get minutes last year because he was behind an all american. A juco transfer isn't going to get in his way. Sure Cobb might be a deadly shooter, but KJ showed he's perfectly capable of hitting the 3 at a 40% clip, and I'm going to assume KJ is light years ahead of Cobb on the defensive end, and we all know that is what will dictate minutes.
I also dont see Sanders starting at the 4, rebounding will take a big hit with that kind of lineup.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #895
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Who ever loses has to change their member name for one season to Cobb Bearcatboy or Johnson JacobDoyle and you guys need to figure out who is the underdog and the spread. HAHA
Sounds good
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #896
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
I'd have to take Doyle's Side on this one. I think bearcatboy is way off base assuming Cobb is going to come in and take KJ's minutes. Just to reiterate what's already been said, KJ didn't get minutes last year because he was behind an all american. A juco transfer isn't going to get in his way. Sure Cobb might be a deadly shooter, but KJ showed he's perfectly capable of hitting the 3 at a 40% clip, and I'm going to assume KJ is light years ahead of Cobb on the defensive end, and we all know that is what will dictate minutes.
I also dont see Sanders starting at the 4, rebounding will take a big hit with that kind of lineup.
I never said Cobb is going to take KJ minutes I said Cobb is the starting sg at this point look at last year Guyn was the starting pg but Caupain got more minutes. It's all about what you do with the time you get on the floor not how long your on it, everybody should know Mick starts upper class men.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #897
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Sounds good
Ha ok if KJ scores more ppg than Cobb next year you gotta be CornCobbBoy for a year...and if Cobb wins I will change to whatever you pick for KJ.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #898
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Id give him 2.5 points on this without giving a second thought.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #899
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cobb is not sk by any means but his experience and deadly shooting and none of us know how good his defense is it could be Bishop good we don't know but I think right now Cobb is better than KJ by going off of last year. If KJ doesn't redshirt and is 2nd string I still think he can contribute but he won't be top 3 team good I think Ellis, Thomas, Cobb and Caupain will all avg more minutes and ppg than him. Just because your 2nd string one year and your 1st string leaves you take the 1st teamers spot, you have to now beat the new players coming in and I don't think he will do that. Also none of us know what Morman will bring he could end up being great and start over everyone who knows.
Is Cobb a deadly shooter? Is he more deadly than KJ? IDK. I do like the fact that Cobb can go deep but other than that...I don't think he's all that deadly. I don't buy the Juco upperclassmen bit either. Juco's tend to pan out in their second year more than the first year. They have to learn the system just like everyone else. KJ knows the system...he is a UC veteran so he is the upperclassmen in terms of actual UC playing time. No Juco is going to beat him out just because they have 2 years of Juco college ball to KJ's 1 year of actual D1 college ball and 1 year of UC system knowledge.

Cobb will have to be damn impressive to take over the 2 this year...or the 1 for that matter. If he is THAT impressive we are going to have a damn good backcourt.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #900
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Is Cobb a deadly shooter? Is he more deadly than KJ? IDK. I do like the fact that Cobb can go deep but other than that...I don't think he's all that deadly. I don't buy the Juco upperclassmen bit either. Juco's tend to pan out in their second year more than the first year. They have to learn the system just like everyone else. KJ knows the system...he is a UC veteran so he is the upperclassmen in terms of actual UC playing time. No Juco is going to beat him out just because they have 2 years of Juco college ball to KJ's 1 year of actual D1 college ball and 1 year of UC system knowledge.

Cobb will have to be damn impressive to take over the 2 this year...or the 1 for that matter. If he is THAT impressive we are going to have a damn good backcourt.
So the early lead is for Doyle/Johnson, we will see, there is a lot of support for Cobb, Bearcatboy will get support on this thread . Then of course I had to laugh at this thought, we have to have rules here, like if a injury or REDSHIRT, funny !!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote