Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #91
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and there is still room for improvement, which is nice. if he cleans up his decision making he's going to be really good.
This will be the X-factor in a lot of games going forward. I thought he wasn't too impressive in the first half tonight but thankfully he's a gamer who has the ability to kick it into another gear when needed. Thank god he had the confidence to take that step tonight.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:39 PM   #92
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
This will be the X-factor in a lot of games going forward. I thought he wasn't too impressive in the first half tonight but thankfully he's a gamer who has the ability to kick it into another gear when needed. Thank god he had the confidence to take that step tonight.
I like his ability and effort on the glass. Plus his driving dunk was pretty sweet tonight... the banked 3, not so much
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #93
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
keith is by far the most surprising thing about this team for me. i really didn't expect much out of him and i thought we were 1 player short of being decent. he is filling that role. he's a monster on the offensive glass and he's a beast on defense.
I agree. He is really doing well. Nice to see Moore hit a 3 tonight.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #94
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
We won a game where jarron was horrible.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #95
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
We also won a game when we turned it over repeatedly and I believe we were out rebounded on the road. We also committed a ton of fouls and the opposition shot many more FT's then us. Wrote all that without seeing the box score yet so if I'm wrong forgive me.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #96
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Seems like jarron has altered his drives a little to avoid the charges but it's effected his overall ability. Also he doesn't seem as if he is using his pump fake as much.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #97
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
We also won a game when we turned it over repeatedly and I believe we were out rebounded on the road. We also committed a ton of fouls and the opposition shot many more FT's then us. Wrote all that without seeing the box score yet so if I'm wrong forgive me.
All correct. We had 16 TO's to their 12, 30 rebounds to their 34 and shot 16 FT's to their 29. We also had 23 fouls to their 17 - mainly because the refs were terrible.

We beat them in two key areas. We shot 24-49 (49%) from the field (and 6-12 from 3) to their 18-51 (35%) from the field and 7-24 from three. When we actually got a shot off the offense was good, but we had way too many times when we didn't get a shot off.

Last edited by skyblade; 12-01-2018 at 08:27 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #98
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
All correct. We had 16 TO's to their 12, 30 rebounds to their 34 and shot 16 FT's to their 29. We also had 23 fouls to their 17 - mainly because the refs were terrible.

We beat them in two key areas. We however shot 24-49 (49%) from the field (and 6-12 from 3) to their 18-51 (35%) from the field and 7-24 from three. When we actually got a shot off the offense was good, but we had way too many times when we didn't get a shot off.
Thanks Skyblade. I also wonder how many would have predicted a win with Jarron netting 3 points. Another fact is the Cats never trailed in the game.it wasn't pretty but they got the job done. On to NKU.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #99
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Thanks Skyblade. I also wonder how many would have predicted a win with Jarron netting 3 points. Another fact is the Cats never trailed in the game.it wasn't pretty but they got the job done. On to NKU.
The refs kept UNLV in it more then anything. Felt they were getting a lot of tricky tack calls while we weren't getting much. We out shot them from 2pt shots by quite a bit yet they shot over 20 more ft (I'm not counting intentional fouls). That's unheard of. I think that also leas to why we had so many turnovers in the 2nd half to their like 1. The refs let them bang, bump, and swipe while we got called for it repeatedly.
William's is definitely turning it on and gaining confidence. He reminds me of Evan's a lot with his game. He's got good size and is athletic. Obviously not the touch from outside but a lot of his game.

Last edited by Alum2013; 12-01-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 AM   #100
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
The refs kept UNLV in it more then anything. Felt they were getting a lot of tricky tack calls while we weren't getting much. We out shot them from 2pt shots by quite a bit yet they shot over 20 more ft (I'm not counting intentional fouls). That's unheard of. I think that also leas to why we had so many turnovers in the 2nd half to their like 1. The refs let them bang, bump, and swipe while we got called for it repeatedly.
William's is definitely turning it on and gaining confidence. He reminds me of Evan's a lot with his game. He's got good size and is athletic. Obviously not the touch from outside but a lot of his game.
Got to agree with you. The officiating was very one sided.