ready2go is on a distinguished road
Urban Meyer back at it?

Deal may be close with him and TOSU
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
I'll be interested in how he does at a big time college without Tebow. (What was his record the year after Tebow left? I honestly can't remember)

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
I'll be interested in how he does at a big time college without Tebow. (What was his record the year after Tebow left? I honestly can't remember)
Haha

They went to the Outback Bowl. Not sure the record. Just as long he brings and entertaining offense. Tressel ball was boring
Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Could have seen this coming from the minute tressel was fired. Once he retired it was a really a race between OSU and Notre Dame to see which job would open up first.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
I don't see the ND job opening up any time soon. I think Kelly has them in the right direction

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
I don't see the ND job opening up any time soon. I think Kelly has them in the right direction
Exactly, thats why he will probably take the OSU job. I was saying those were the only two jobs I could see him taking.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
This is not a done deal and according to people in the know in Columbus, nothing will be done about the job opening until after the season. No contract talks have even been started so the online report was incorrect.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
This is not a done deal and according to people in the know in Columbus, nothing will be done about the job opening until after the season. No contract talks have even been started so the online report was incorrect.
Correct. As I said a deal is close. Meaning, Urban has not been offered one yet.

However I am hearing from sources inside the program that a coach will be decided before the bowl game for recruiting purposes
Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Correct. As I said a deal is close. Meaning, Urban has not been offered one yet.

However I am hearing from sources inside the program that a coach will be decided before the bowl game for recruiting purposes
I don't doubt this one bit. BTW that coach will not be Fickel. Also, Urban's dad passed away last Friday (according to some sources; haven't had time to confirm) . I find it hard to believe OSU would be so bold to contact him about this during the week when he has other things on his mind.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I don't doubt this one bit. BTW that coach will not be Fickel. Also, Urban's dad passed away last Friday (according to some sources; haven't had time to confirm) . I find it hard to believe OSU would be so bold to contact him about this during the week when he has other things on his mind.
Did no know that. Sad.

As for Fickell I'd like to see him retain the D Coordinator position, not sure how he would feel about that though