Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #21
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post

This is a tough year for a lot of coaches though. We've seen how the freshmen loaded blue bloods have been impacted. Several coaches with long consistent records are having a really bad season, like Bruce Weber, Bruce Pearl, and Jim Larranaga.

Truth be told it should probably just be a write off year for all teams.

But its hard to say that to fans.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #22
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He can whiff on local guys if he's getting comparable or better guys elsewhere. We're in a black hole right now as fans. We have no clue what the roster will look like going forward. Only Brannen and his staff have a concept of what roster moves he plans to make.
You absolutely can’t whiff on local talent. I always want locals if it’s comparable. McMillan is a must, if Brannen can’t get him then we need get Redden on staff. Daryl Peterson(west high) son is more likely going be rated higher than Lil P and is a even bigger get. Peterson has potential be top 5 in his class. Follow Luke and lock up state of Cincinnati
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #23
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Truth be told it should probably just be a write off year for all teams.

But its hard to say that to fans.
Our top 2 players were returning though. Add them with DDj and Rap, coach thought he has something.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:05 PM   #24
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Our top 2 players were returning though. Add them with DDj and Rap, coach thought he has something.
This is 10% about this year and 90% about next year (and beyond) looking so unbelievably bleak I honestly can't see i've ever had less hope. Even Mick's first year with a rag team team of transfers and football players, you wanted to watch the trajectory of the team. At this rate, barring multiple elite transfers in, next years team looks to be the worst in 30+ years (taking out Mick's first year).
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #25
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
This is 10% about this year and 90% about next year (and beyond) looking so unbelievably bleak I honestly can't see i've ever had less hope. Even Mick's first year with a rag team team of transfers and football players, you wanted to watch the trajectory of the team. At this rate, barring multiple elite transfers in, next years team looks to be the worst in 30+ years (taking out Mick's first year).
I think if we bring in anything at all we'll be better than this year. Obviously I'm hoping we bring in at least a couple of guys who contribute significant minutes right away so we can be competitive again. But assuming no more outgoing transfers, the only guys who would leave are Williams and Vogt, who have both been terrible this year.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #26
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think if we bring in anything at all we'll be better than this year. Obviously I'm hoping we bring in at least a couple of guys who contribute significant minutes right away so we can be competitive again. But assuming no more outgoing transfers, the only guys who would leave are Williams and Vogt, who have both been terrible this year.
I guess I have less than 50% confidence that everyone on the current roster returns, aside from KW/Vogt who we know are gone.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess I have less than 50% confidence that everyone on the current roster returns, aside from KW/Vogt who we know are gone.
At this point I am not sure it matters if we have more defections. Either the coach gets the remainder of the team to play well and gets some significant help or his goose is likely cooked. He'll get 4 years if he shows some positive direction in year 3. If things don't get better next year...it's a tough road from there. In year 4 if he can keep showing progress then he's got a chance.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #28
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have no idea what to expect. It's hard to be optimistic when you have no idea what the team will look like going forward.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #29
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Wright State blew a 24 point lead last night with 6:26 left in the game. Bartovik's site even had them at 100% win probability at that time.

And they did it to 236 ranked Milwaukee.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 AM   #30
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Wright State blew a 24 point lead last night with 6:26 left in the game. Bartovik's site even had them at 100% win probability at that time.

And they did it to 236 ranked Milwaukee.
I always like looking at box scores from crazy games like this.

Milwaukee went on a 19-1 run in less than 5 minutes with only one three pointer in that span. Then they made up an 8 point gap in the final minute.

DeAndre Gohlston made the game tying three at the buzzer, then scored 11 points in overtime. He scored 20 points by himself over the last 8:30.