Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #11
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Can't recruit over the top of Jenifer? Broome hasn't played a single game either. Sounds like he's a combo guard anyway. With a list like that, bring him in. Figure out how to use him. Can't believe you're even asking that.
so sorry. I cant believe I asked that too!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #12
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
That's a flattering list. Do we really need him though? If he's more like a sg then yes I can see it a litte, but if he's more of a pg then no.
You can never have too many ball handlers. If the kid can play, I want him. It's that simple.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #13
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can't recruit over the top of Jenifer? Broome hasn't played a single game either. Sounds like he's a combo guard anyway. With a list like that, bring him in. Figure out how to use him. Can't believe you're even asking that.
Agreed...we could definitely use him. If his position of top priority? No. We need front-court depth. But this would help round out our backcourt's future. We aren't going to be very deep this season, and it's already making me a little nervous. You don't want to go into every season like that.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #14
GarradJ21
Epic Member

I believe I saw he will be visiting Sept 15th on his 247 sports page.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #15
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
247 says he's visiting here Sept. 15.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darius-McNeill-93956
Perfect. We play Houston, one of if not the biggest home game of the year. UC will show out for him. He has some big schools he is considering. We gotta impress him.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #16
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Texas, Florida and UConn have not offered but still made his top 6...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:31 AM   #17
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
He's a combo guard/wing that is athletic and loves attacking the rim. Which is the common theme among Williams, Carr, and Gaines.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so sorry. I cant believe I asked that too!
Haha sorry I'm just confused. One day, Williams or Gaines + Moore + an unknown is a pretty damn good class. The next day you're questioning whether we even need a guy with interest from UConn, SMU, Florida, Texas, and Iowa State. Not to mention Baylor, LSU, and NC State were cut from the list.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #19
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Haha sorry I'm just confused. One day, Williams or Gaines + Moore + an unknown is a pretty damn good class. The next day you're questioning whether we even need a guy with interest from UConn, SMU, Florida, Texas, and Iowa State. Not to mention Baylor, LSU, and NC State were cut from the list.
I mean trust me Ill be happy if he's a Bearcat. I just think Cane Broome is the real deal. Cane will be in the system for a year along with college experience. So the fact that Jennifer will maybe give Cane a break for 10 or so min a game is plenty. Darius most likely won't start until his JR. year. If Darius fills more of a SG then that's good. basically if he's combo then he would play Id say 15 min as a freshman so that's solid playing time as a freshman.

I don't see him choosing us and I hate to sound negative. Not too many schools beat out UCONN when it comes to PGs. Also every big school in Texas wants him. We will see. Again, Id be very happy with him being a Bearcat.

I feel like we have been on this guy for awhile, he's def a huge want for Cronin and company. His twitter follows a lot of UCONN stuff from a quick scroll that I did. He does follow Trevor Moore. Maybe they are friends or just know each other from playing basketball in the same state.

If we land someone over those schools that says a lot!

To me our '17 class looks like this:
Broome 4 star (Being that he has played college ball and produced)
T. Moore 3 star
Williams/Gaines 4 star
Hopefully a PF around 6'8" 4 star.

That's pretty good..Obviously a lot of hoping, but realistically it can happen. Def would love Darius too.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-17-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mean trust me Ill be happy if he's a Bearcat. I just think Cane Broome is the real deal. Cane will be in the system for a year along with college experience. So the fact that Jennifer will maybe give Cane a break for 10 or so min a game is plenty. Darius most likely won't start until his JR. year. If Darius fills more of a SG then that's good. basically if he's combo then he would play Id say 15 min as a freshman so that's solid playing time as a freshman.

I don't see him choosing us and I hate to sound negative. Not too many schools beat out UCONN when it comes to PGs. Also every big school in Texas wants him. We will see. Again, Id be very happy with him being a Bearcat.

I feel like we have been on this guy for awhile, he's def a huge want for Cronin and company. His twitter follows a lot of UCONN stuff from a quick scroll that I did. He does follow Trevor Moore. Maybe they are friends or just know each other from playing basketball in the same state.

If we land someone over those schools that says a lot!

To me our '17 class looks like this:
Broome 4 star (Being that he has played college ball and produced)
T. Moore 3 star
Williams/Gaines 4 star
Hopefully a PF around 6'8" 4 star.

That's pretty good..Obviously a lot of hoping, but realistically it can happen. Def would love Darius too.
I guess I'm just not willing to plan things out that far. I have no idea how many minutes Broome will get. 30 would be great. If McNeill is legit though, there would be more than enough minutes for him...even with Broome, Cumberland, and Evans on the team.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote