Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #41
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
OMG. Please stop. Every thread is nothing but a bitch fest. I really enjoyed this site, but it is not fun anymore. Sure, the team had issues but my goodness. New team new coach. Tough schedule. Injuries To share the conference championship and be a 1 seed in the conference tourney and you want to nitpick everything about the year. My god. Grow up and find another place to bitch. I’d like to see conversations that are not so biased and is worth reading about my basketball team.
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #42
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
But we can all agree that Justin is probably wrong at whatever it was.
He isn’t great at making rational arguments. It’s usually all one way, or all the other way. Too emotional.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #43
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldpanner View Post
OMG. Please stop. Every thread is nothing but a bitch fest. I really enjoyed this site, but it is not fun anymore. Sure, the team had issues but my goodness. New team new coach. Tough schedule. Injuries To share the conference championship and be a 1 seed in the conference tourney and you want to nitpick everything about the year. My god. Grow up and find another place to bitch. I’d like to see conversations that are not so biased and is worth reading about my basketball team.
This, the team is far from perfect. Enjoy the league championship. If you can’t enjoy that, I don’t know what you can enjoy.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #44
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Well...technicalities aside, it's impressive that the Bearcats received the automatic qualifying bid to the NCAA tournament.

We'll never know if they'd have gotten there through the AAC tourney, but at least we know they did enough to win the #1 seed leading to the AQ this year. Whether the NCAA tournament is played or not doesn't take that away from them.

That streak is something to hang their hats on when recruiting. That streak offers talking points around the watercooler, and helps strong interest in the program continue.

Despite the team never dominating the way we'd like them to, this season was one of the more exciting ones of recent years.

If the pandemic doesn't trash all sports and public gatherings in the next year, I think John Brannen has a chance to make a positive mark on UC basketball for many years to come.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #45
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Well...technicalities aside, it's impressive that the Bearcats received the automatic qualifying bid to the NCAA tournament.

We'll never know if they'd have gotten there through the AAC tourney, but at least we know they did enough to win the #1 seed leading to the AQ this year. Whether the NCAA tournament is played or not doesn't take that away from them.

That streak is something to hang their hats on when recruiting. That streak offers talking points around the watercooler, and helps strong interest in the program continue.

Despite the team never dominating the way we'd like them to, this season was one of the more exciting ones of recent years.

If the pandemic doesn't trash all sports and public gatherings in the next year, I think John Brannen has a chance to make a positive mark on UC basketball for many years to come.
Since when did the AAC winner receive a bid? I thought only the winner of the AAC tournament got an auto bid.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #46
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Since when did the AAC winner receive a bid? I thought only the winner of the AAC tournament got an auto bid.
They made the decision to send first place to the tourney since conference tourney was canceled. Not that it matters now
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #47
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
They made the decision to send first place to the tourney since conference tourney was canceled. Not that it matters now
heck yea it matters. they should still have the selection, UC would be in and continue it's streak, Xavier would be out!
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #48
sirthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Changed it on the fly before the NCAA canceled the big tourney.

We got in!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #49
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I'm also not sure why it matters. The weirdest season ever. New coach, injuries, OT games, people quitting, viruses, no tournaments, etc... Truly bizarre season.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #50
sirthought

The next sad part is all the months we'll have to spend here with people over-analyzing the options with kids we haven't even seen play yet, under a coach who wasn't able to truly implement his whole system.

I say we should likely just shut all talk down about players until we see the first exhibition games. I think most everything changes with this team next season.

Returning players will feel cheated out of a chance to showcase their skills on a bigger stage, train under the coaches goals set up for them to work better in his system, and then we'll still be seeing a bunch of new players.

Seven returning players, counting Toyambi — who might be done, and three freshmen.