Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #441
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
The reality is, good grad transfers are the hottest commodities in the game. These guys are wanted by the big boys. This never used to be the case. We need to Get who we can get this year and focus on getting a couple more top 100ish guys from high school from the 2021 class. Get as much talent as possible and be ready to compete in 2 years.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #442
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The reality is, good grad transfers are the hottest commodities in the game. These guys are wanted by the big boys. This never used to be the case. Get who we can get this year and focus on getting a couple more top 100ish guys from high school. Get as much talent as possible and be ready to compete in 2 years.

I think one thing is for certain. We need some softies on the schedule this year.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #443
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I'm all-in on Tate. I think a line-up with Tate, Harvey/Madsen, Keith, Eason, and Diarra could be really dangerous on both ends of the court come the 2nd half of next season.

Jon Rothstein just tweeted that Tate is now getting looks from Kansas State, Virginia Tech and Gonzaga.

Makes you wonder how Tate's relationship with Brannen and proximity to/familiarity with UC stacks up against banking on his "best offer" and going to a more high profile school with more recent "success".
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:09 AM   #444
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I think one thing is for certain. We need some softies on the schedule this year.
I normally love the hard schedules but I agree with you. We have a pretty hard schedule this year already. Arizona, St. John’s, Texas tech, ( 2 of those 3), xavier, at tenn, at nku. Probably one more I’m forgetting. I wanted be opposed to buy games the rest of them. Get guys minutes. Preferably not 300 + teams. Still hate those games.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #445
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'm all-in on Tate. I think a line-up with Tate, Harvey/Madsen, Keith, Eason, and Diarra could be really dangerous on both ends of the court come the 2nd half of next season.

Jon Rothstein just tweeted that Tate is now getting looks from Kansas State, Virginia Tech and Gonzaga.

Makes you wonder how Tate's relationship with Brannen and proximity to/familiarity with UC stacks up against banking on his "best offer" and going to a more high profile school with more recent "success".
I’d be shocked if he didn’t come here but I don’t know their relationship or our interest level. Or his.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #446
Coomer

Coomer is on a distinguished road
I read that Tate is interested in joining a team that is expected to make noise in the tournament next season.

Going into next season, the Bearcats upside appears to be the bubble. That changes if a player like Harvey or Shoey take a huge leap next season, or a freshman comes in and significantly outperforms expectations.

Our “expectations” are only real flaw I can see holding us back from Tate and other top level grad transfers.
Coomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #447
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer View Post
I read that Tate is interested in joining a team that is expected to make noise in the tournament next season.

Going into next season, the Bearcats upside appears to be the bubble. That changes if a player like Harvey or Shoey take a huge leap next season, or a freshman comes in and significantly outperforms expectations.

Our “expectations” are only real flaw I can see holding us back from Tate and other top level grad transfers.

Yea Brian snow seemed to think he was going to field his options. I don’t think it’s a lock by any measure what so ever
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #448
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer View Post

Can’t blame the guy, still think there’s a good chance he ends up here.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #449
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea Brian snow seemed to think he was going to field his options. I don’t think it’s a lock by any measure what so ever
If I’m any recruit or transfer and Gonzaga is interested, it’s be hard to turn that down: they play a hard no conference schedule every year. Their league is terrible, so you’d get playing time. And they are always a high seed with a good chance to advance.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:28 PM   #450
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Tari Eason is going to be a guy that other fan bases hate and we will love him, he gets chippy out there, I love it!
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote